Chapter Thirty- Nine

Unedited

Lina

I awaken before he does and for good reason too, I really needed to pee and I was hungry as hell. Slowly extracting his brawny arm from around my waist, I almost laugh at the small frown that crosses his face before he snuggles into the pillow my head just occupied. Heading into the bathroom, I quickly do my business and wash my hands.

After brushing my teeth, I move back into the room eyeing Kane's sleeping form as he continues to sleep on his stomach. I let my gaze run over the hard planes, lines and curves of his muscled back. Heading over to his side of the bed, I bend down towards his face soothing a hand against his rough cheek covered in stubble. Running my hand down further, I move in closer and press gentle kisses against the length of his tattooed sleeve running up his arm.

He moans softly, making the corner of my lips tip up in a grin. "Come back to bed" he grumbles peeking up at me through one amber ringed eye. Laughing I press a kiss against his pouted lips, another chuckle escaping me as he follows me up, his lips moving in to deepen the kiss. "Soon. I'm starving", I manage to get out as he holds my face hostage.

Pressing one last peck against his soft lips I pull back to stand. He moves to sit up on the bed behind me, his muscled body making my eyes linger on him for a little bit longer. Standing to his full height, he stretches his long muscled limbs before snatching a hair tie from the bedside table and tying his shoulder length hair into a messy man bun.

"How's my baby?" I smile, really hard at his words a feeling of excitement and warmth overflowing within. "He or she is really hungry so you better feed me" he grins smoothing a big hand against my bulge of a stomach. Bending down slightly, I climb onto his back with a loud laugh. He carries me that way, on his back all the way downstairs and into the open kitchen, placing me softly onto a stool at the breakfast bench he moves behind the counter to start on breakfast.

"So what's on the agenda today?" I ask him, as he passes me a tall glass of orange juice, I continue to watch him as he drinks the rest from the bottle before binning it. "Well, after breakfast I thought we'd go see Phillip today and get you checked out, with me present this time" he says eyeing me slightly from over the oven he's currently turning on. I nod, taking a large gulp of my juice and then only noticing that he wasn't with me yesterday when Phillip had given me the news.

"Then I have to head out for the day to attend some enforcer training and a pack meeting later on" I feel my mouth water at the sight of bacon he's currently lining up on a baking tray, he shoves the tray into the oven before straightening. "I have Iris and the girls coming by after breakfast to spend the day with you", I finally come out of my hungry stupor and face him with a raised brow.

He chuckles and leans against the counter across from me, "Yes I called them to keep you company and yes I did it partly to keep you safe" I eye him, hard. Letting him know to tread carefully, I mean yes okay I wasn't too mad with him for telling me the truth but I was a grown ass woman and maybe just maybe I was still mad at him for keeping secrets yesterday. Tilting my head to the side, a thought suddenly pops into my mind.

"Safe? So something did happen yesterday then?" He continues to cook what looks like an omelette in a skillet pan. I can see him hesitate and without feeling guilty at all I probe at his mind wanting to high five myself as images flash through his mind so quick but not quick enough for me to know that if he wasn't willing to tell me, then Vince will.

"Something happen? Yes, it did" he states sliding my omelette onto a plate before bending down to pull out the bacon. Placing a few slices on the same plate he looks over at me. "Do I want to ruin breakfast? No, I don't" I wait for him to continue, but he starts on his breakfast. "So your plan is to just keep me in the dark and hash it out until it's safe?" I question needing to understand his mindset because right now it wasn't making any sense.