Chapter Fifteen

Unedited

Lina.

'You can't do that Kane'  -11:01pm

I had sent that message three hours ago and he still hadn't replied. After sleeping for the last two and a half hours I finally made my way out of the room and into the main cabin. I find Knox and Kade each occupying a chair. Knox smiles as he motions for me to sit.

Just as I'm buckled in, an air hostess comes through and begins to pull out our eating trays. Taking our preferences for drinks she leaves with a note that dinner will be served shortly. I can't seem to find myself to eat, even though my stomach grumbling says otherwise. My brain is fried right now with all the chaos happening.

"You need to calm down Lina. Kane has everything under control" Knox says after the hostess places a glass of scotch right in front of him. He takes a sip before nodding up at her in acceptance. She bows and then moves on to Kade, who orders a beer for himself. "Easier said then done Knox. None of you are giving me answers right now and my mind is running a mile a minute" I huff out before facing the air hostess. "I'll have a corona and lime."

Kade chuckles, "Kane did score the jackpot" I take a long pull before facing them, "Can you guys at least tell me where we're going? I mean I have work- Shit!" I cut myself as I feel for my phone. Knox halts me, "Already taken care of. We called the school while you were asleep" I exhale and lean into the seat more. "Thank you" I say softly before taking another long gulp of my beer. "Toronto, Canada. That's where we're headed"

My brows crinkle in confusion. "Why are we headed half way across the world? Is Kane there?" Kade nods, "Kane's there with Mac and Vince. Your fathers pack is located in Canada, Ottawa the capital city." I freeze, "Why are we going towards his territory then?" Knox answers this time. "Kane has a plan Lina. We all trust him and as your mate so should you. He wouldn't do anything without calculating every other option. And those options have to guarantee your safety at all costs"

I sigh in defeat knowing he was right. But just the fact that my father had been a ghost for all my life and then all of sudden makes an appearance and threatens Kane? It just doesn't make any sense to me, if he wanted me, why couldn't he come get me from before I had even met Kane? I scowl and swallow some more of the alcohol needing to stop myself from thinking or I'm going to explode, literally.

Another air hostess pushes a trolley through the pathway in the centre of our seats. She places plates on all three of our trays with cutlery and napkins before bowing and leaving us once more. Kade pops his beer down and immediately digs in.

I quickly follow suit as the warm smells hit my nose. Lifting the covering, my senses are instantly assaulted with smells of garlic, onion and mushroom. I moan at the smell before grabbing my knife and fork and slicing into the thick juicy steak.

Knox holds a hand up just as a hostess comes to his aid, "How may I help you Alpha" she bows. He nods towards me, "I want another serving for all three of us, her first though. You should know never to serve the Luna last."

I pause eating and swallow, "It's fine, Alicia" I say after peeking at her name tag. Turning to Knox with a scowl, "Lina works just fine. But I would like a second serving if that's not too much trouble" She smiles softly before bowing and after apologising she makes her way to the back.

"You didn't have to do that Knox" I instantly start on him, Kade cuts in then. "He had to Lina. These girls haven't shown you much respect. Regardless if we're here with you. Your still Kane's mate which makes you Luna. You should be highly respected."