Chapter Forty- Three

*Warning: POV's change frequently during this chapter*

Unedited

Kane

Clutching at the body of my mate I reply back to Jace's link. 'Who?'

His reply is immediate, 'Alpha Williams'

Sliding my arm from around my wife, I place her head down onto her pillow softly. 'Others?'

Pressing a gentle kiss against her forehead I caress her stomach before pulling back as Jace continues to link me. 'Yes, his Beta and a few enforcers.'

Pulling on my jeans, I leave the shirt off and exit our room quietly not wanting to wake my wife. 'Hold him there, I'm on my way'

Ending the conversation I privately link Mac and Vince, letting them know to meet me outside of the Alpha house. Walking down the stairs, I don't hear or smell anyone else in the house, grabbing my phone from the coffee table I quickly check the time.

12:30AM.

Angelo better have a good explanation for this shit. I find Mac and Vince just as I lock the main door behind me. "Have Rux sent to the Alpha house." Vince nods, "Bring the youngin's too?" I nod.

Facing Mac I crack my neck twice. "Knox?" he nods stripping his shirt off. Once Vince is done I nod at them both, "Let's go" in the next blink of an eye, all three of our bodies ripple within the darkness, our furs bathing in the moonlight.

We take off towards the border, our snouts scenting Angelo and his small group of pack members. My mind was working over time as I tried my hardest to figure out if he was literally here to hash out why I had cut the marriage proposal off. In all honesty I knew it probably was about that, only issue was why at this time? Regardless I had Vince and Mac with me, but Knox was already out here tailing Jace.

Cutting to my left, I feel Mac and Vince pull up right beside me. I link them privately including Knox as well before shifting, 'Play it easy. Any complications we deal with it here, I don't want any of this or him anywhere near Lina or the Alpha house.'

I don't wait for a reply but give a low growl as my bones start to shift and re-size, Mac and Vince not too far behind me. Jace walks out a couple of feet away from the border to meet us, he hands us a couple of shorts. Nodding in thanks, I walk the short distance it takes to meet Angelo.

He stands right up against the border line, his brown hair almost black in the night. The only thing visible is his bright almost glowy like amber eyes. He nods before speaking, "Alpha Sinclair."

~*~

Lina

It takes a while for me, but when I come to, I realise exactly as to why. Kane is not sleeping right next to me, my brows crinkle in confusion as I lift my head and quickly scan our room. Nothing seems out of place so that could only mean two things, either he's downstairs or he's been called out to a border run.

Laying down once more, I plop on my back. Eyes towards the ceiling I blow out a small breath. Closing my eyes I inhale once more and open my link to Kane. 'Where are you?'

I wait a generous minute but no reply. My eyes open once again, I snuggle back into his pillow. "He better have a good explanation" I huff quietly adjusting the pillow before I lay on it.