Chapter Seventeen

*Picture of Vincent Perez.*

~*~

Unedited

Lina.

'I'm sorry baby'

That's all that's been replaying in my head for the past couple of hours. It's been on constant replay, my heart and my mind both wanted in different directions, different things. I felt like I was back to square one, where my mind was talking rationally and realistically. And my heart was talking romantically and sympathetically.

"How you holding up mija?" I turn at the sound of my brothers voice, my hands quickly swiping at the stray tears on my cheeks. He sighs, placing down the cup of hot chocolate, he takes the seat beside me and wraps an arm around my shoulders.

"I'm mad, I'm pissed the hell off and I'm hurt. But most importantly I'm second guessing myself. Where am I supposed to go from here?" I sniffle into a tissue as I lean against Vince's shoulder. He rubs a hand down my back in soothing motions as he listens intently.

"Your supposed to go back to him" he holds a hand up at me as I open my mouth the protest. "Wait a minute. There's a lot you don't know, neither do half his brothers. But I know that Kane would never do something like this if he had imprinted on you back then" I sigh my head hitting the back of his couch as I contemplate his words.

"Your gonna go back, because despite this small argument you love him. And as much as I hate it in some ways that big head loves you back, twice as much" I wrap my hands around his waist my cheek resting against his chest a sense of longing entering my mind as memories of doing this back when we were younger resurface. "I'm not trying to make up excuses for him, but you already know that if he had done something to intentionally hurt you, I wouldn't be here right now and Knox would have been planning a funeral" I shudder at the hint of seriousness behind my brothers voice and hug him tighter.

"Vince, don't-" he hushes me softly and pecks my forehead. "Mama used to say, that when you found the one you just know" he pauses his voice becoming thick. "You remember that day right? You were asking Ma how you would know when you'd find your Prince Charming" I feel a tear slide down my cheek. "Beauty and the beast. I was seven at the time" he exhales loudly.

"I found my Prince Charming. Cliche as it is, we sort of are like beauty and the beast" he laughs loudly my chuckles mingling in with his own. Tightening his hold on me he grins. "You know what you need to do first though?" I smile, "Already done hermano. I think I broke her nose" he whoops loudly as he pulls me into him, crushing my head against his chest as he yells out, "Ella debería haber sabido no meterse con una latina" (she should have known not to mess with a Latina) the sound of our laughter carrying through his hotel room.

~*~*~*~*~

"Have you spoken to Kade and Knox?" I ask after swallowing. Me and Vince are currently stuffing our faces after Vince went out and brought us food. I'm sitting on Vince's bed currently munching on a burger and fries from Mc Donald's, while Vince is stuffing his face with a bacon and cheeseburger pizza, as he lounges on the couch across from me. His fat self is up to the last slice, keep in mind he's been eating that whole pizza by himself.

He nods a string of cheese forming as he bites into the last slice after burping. "Yeah. Knox is headed back home right now. He needs to take care of the pack since Kane requested for Mac to stay for a while longer" I nod, "And Kade?" He swallows before answering.