Chapter Six

Lina.

Running.

I'm always running.

It's how it all starts.

But how it ends, I will never know. The howls echo throughout the forest as my heart pounds in time to my heavy foot steps. My breaths come faster as the wind whips across my face. My eyes quickly rake the dark area as I search for an opening.

Anything.

Just an opening.

My puffs come to an abrupt halt as a loud snarl breaks throughout the clearing. Clutching my jacket closer to my body, holding on to it as if it were a personal shield, I gulp. I slowly exhale as my breathes seem to ease out of me. Feeling a presence behind me, my breathing ceases completely as I don't dare move a mere inch. Heavy breathing is heard and felt along my left ear.

A shiver runs down my spine as the wolf chasing me growls lowly in my ear. My eyes shut tightly, hands clenched, nails piercing my delicate skin as a trickle of blood slides down my left palm.

I stand and wait as I let fate decide the end for me.

"Mine."

~*~*~*~

I shoot straight up in bed, my hands tightly gripping the white sheet beneath me as I gasp harshly, my wide eyes running left then right as I survey the white walls in a hazed panic. I ignore the sweat dripping down my chest. My ears finally stop ringing in order for me to hear the quiet beep beep coming from beside me. I turn towards it, my heart beating overtime, my breaths start to pick up, faster, my chest starts to constrict as I fail to calm myself.

I start to yank at the wires and needles connected to me in a rush, my mind already configuring black spots in line of sight. I blink them back rapidly, just before a loud slam echos throughout the room, making me jump in panic.

Kane comes barreling in, his eyes furious as he assess me and every corner and aspect of the room. I don't even wait, I yell out to him, my voice sounding weird, as if it weren't my own. He's across the room in a second, his hands grip my face as he kneels down beside me.

"Baby, Lina. Hey look at me" he whispers harshly when my eyes tighten shut quickly before opening up to face his bright amber eyes. "There we go, Calm down. You need to calm down" I try to focus on what he's saying, but the black spots start to grow larger and my chest tightens even further.

He growls lowly, before gripping my face tighter, "Lina, Listen to me, Calm down. Do you hear me baby? I said calm down. Your with me, your okay" My fingers grip on to his arms holding him as he holds me up. I listen to him murmur little things, my body finally cooperating and listening as I continue to listen to him soothe me. I feel my body slowly start to loosen, my chest seems to slowly expand as my breathes come much more slower, much more deeper.

My eyes open, finding his immediately, he continues to watch me, a small pinch in between his brows as he continues to examine me, his face a mix of worry and frustration. I unwrap my hands slowly, his eyes track my every movement. My eyes trace every curve and line of his face, a sense of female satisfaction settling deep inside, that this male hunk is mine.

Sliding my hand behind his neck, I yank him up and into me, my lips catching his with my own. He groans lowly before standing, I grasp his face in my hands tightly, not wanting him to pull back just yet. He growls his lips catching my bottom lip with his teeth before sucking. I pull him over me till he's hoovering just above me, he catches himself quickly, his hands right by my head as he continues his assault.

I pull back and nip at his own bottom lip, before trailing kisses down his neck. Sliding my fingers into the neck of his long sleeve I pull it down, my lips leaving moist kisses on to his heated skin. His hands grip at the pillow I am now laying on, his hips settling right in between my legs where I want him to. "God Iv'e missed you" I whisper against his skin, as he groans.

Gripping his neck more firmly, I nip at the skin lightly, silently chuckling as he growls above me. "Mine" My lips cease movement against his skin. My hands freeze against him as my brow crinkles in confusion. "Mine."

My face drains of color as the heart monitor beside me starts to beep insistently. Kane freezes above me, before turning towards the screen. "Lina" he rasps huskily against me before cupping both sides of my face. My eyes widen as they catch his, I stare into his amber orbs, my body saying one thing but my mind saying another. I gulp, as he continues to stare at me, I see a small flicker and I let my mind win. "Get off me please" I whisper softly.

His eyes harden, jaw clenched tightly, he presses a gentle kiss against my forehead before moving to stand at the foot of the bed. I swallow the sudden thickness forming in my mouth and sit up slowly. My fingers curl into the crisp white sheets as I hold in the insane urge to grip his shirt in my hands and pull him back to me.

Closing my eyes on an exhale, I try to clear my mind. "I don't know, whats happening or why its happening. But you have a lot of explaining to do." My voice comes out in a small whisper, my eyes still closed. I keep them closed because whenever I see him, everything else becomes a blur, my mind is all about him, my thought process completely and utterly shot as everything becomes him, and only him.

I feel him before I even hear him, He cups my cheeks in both his hands, my face drowning in his big hands. "Lina, look at me" I shake my head in a quiet No. Because I know, one hundred and ten percent that when I do, I'll be done for, I won't get the answers I need, I'll get the answers I want.

I feel him move in closer, his thumb softly caressing the side of my face. "Please, look at me" My resolve cracks and I find myself opening to his amber eyes, the color now a whiskey brown. Moving in closer, he pins me with his gaze, his eyes never once leaving my own as he inhales me deeply, "Do you trust me?" I search his gaze, getting somewhat lost in his eyes. I try to find what it is that I am looking for, but come up with nothing.

He licks his lips, my mind and body solely focused on that small movement. "Lina, do you trust me?" My eyes meet his, his amber eyes staring so intently, but behind that intensity, I see a speck of vulnerability. I exhale quietly before opening my mouth to speak, "I- More than I know I should Kane" Pausing momentarily, I drop my eyes towards my lap, fiddling with my fingers before continuing, "And that honestly scares me." His shoulders ease as he exhales a loud breath as if he stopped breathing while awaiting my answer.

He swallows thickly before placing his forehead against my own, "Remember what you promised me? Before?" I peek up at him from under my lashes, my brows crinkling in confusion, "What?" His amber eyes bore down into my own brightly, a sense of uncertainty and fear hidden within. "You promised you wouldn't leave me Lina, please tell me you remember making that promise to me" linking my fingers through his own, as they hold my face, I nod, "I remember" He inhales deeply before replying.

"Your my soulmate Lina."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey my loves! Don't shoot! I'm sorry but I had issues with putting this together hence why it took longer to update. I'm not completely satisfied with it man, but it'll do. I left it at a cliff hanger cause I couldn't move it along the way I would be satisfied with lol. Sorry my babies but I updated. I'm sick as hell but I tried my best.

Comment, Vote and Enjoy!

Love you guys!

Josie xx