Chapter Thirty- Eight

A/N: I'm so sorry for the latest of  the latest update!

Unedited

Kane

I find myself taking the long way home, circling the border once making sure there were extra guards patrolling. The thought of a rogue entering my territory without even being scented is unnerving in more ways than one. The fact that two of them had made it through undetected and how close they were to the Pack house really hit home for me, so upping the border patrols was a definite step to take.

I easily weave my way back through to pack grounds, finding a basket on the wooden veranda. Grabbing a pair of shorts with my teeth, I shift. The slight shifting and molding of my bones make me groan in slight agitation before I stand to my full height, sliding the shorts on I rake my fingers through my hair and make my way inside. A few she-wolves litter the kitchen, I nod in their direction as they all bow in submission and respect. I find a few male weres' throughout the three-story building and take my leave to head home.

I smile at the pups running through the garden, Kase among them. He stops mid-run, changing directions to head my way. Messing up his spiky black hair he smothers his face against my leg, "Where are you going?" I remove his grip, holding his hand instead. "I need to check on Lina" he grins, "Okay, I'm coming" I grin back in reply, grabbing his other hand, I lift him into the air laughing as he squeals loudly.

We reach the Alpha house not too long after, Kase a puffing mess as he tries to control his panting breaths. I lift him into my arms and lay him on the couch with a soft plop, he holds a thumb up in thanks.

I shake my head in amusement before turning to head upstairs where I'm pretty sure my mate is. Heading towards the stairs, I pause. A foreign scent hits my nose, the smell soft almost unrecognizable.

I stop at the bottom step, trying my hardest to catch the scent again, only to pick up nothing. I can't help but not feel any fear or anger towards the unknown scent, my wolf doesn't seem to think it's a threat either if anything were more content. I start up the stairs, more curious than anything. I almost collide with Knox who's wearing a shit eating grin, I stop just short of him a smirk tipping my lips. "Who'd you do this time?"

He faces me with a laugh, "We both know I don't do any of these females. It's more they do me" I shake my head with a sigh, I know my brothers aren't angels except for little Kase. I knew for a fact Knox only indulges when he needs to release and even then he has never touched a she-wolf within or outside our pack. He prefers to keep them human or in other words nameless. As for Kade, well I'm not too sure on the kid, but both he and Knox know to keep it wrapped up.

There's no way I'd let them get some nameless female pregnant before meeting their mates. If anything I think they both understood how important that fact was. "Where's my wife?" The large grin appears on his face once more and I almost want to slap him.

"Where do you think?" He pins me with a look before smiling. "I'm proud of you, you know that right?" I grip his shirt and pull him in closer checking his pupils. He swats at my arms pulling back.

"Are you on something?" I ask genuinely, his words confusing me and managing to throw me off. His top lip lifts in a snarl, "You already know I don't do that shit. Besides it's not like I could actually get high, we have a high tolerance when it comes to drugs" I fold my arms across my chest, my eyes calculating his every move.