Chapter Thirty- Seven

Unedited

Lina

Pregnant.

I was pregnant.

With Kane's child.

Our child.

The pack doctor Phillip had confirmed it not too long after Kane had left me to take care of what he needed to. I was just under two weeks pregnant, my mind was on a whirlwind, I was excited, ecstatic but most of all I was nervous. Because with pregnancy comes certain complications.

I place a trembling hand against my stomach, a sense of pride and vulnerability piercing through me. I was scared, I have no idea what pregnancy entails for a female werewolf? I could honestly say that I wish I was more than three months along, at least that way one of my fears would have been eliminated.

Everyone knew that being under the three-month mark during pregnancy was critical, but then again this wasn't just a normal pregnancy, our baby would be half werewolf. Did they even have a critical stage for carrying pups?

I feel a hand cup my shoulder pulling me from my thoughts. I turn facing familiar amber ringed eyes. Knox smiles gently, "Your overthinking bambina." I sigh, the action causing a stray curl to fly against my cheek.

He pulls me into a hug, pressing a kiss against my forehead. "Words can't express how happy I am for you and Kane" he pulls back with a grin, a clear sheen in his eyes. "I can't wait to meet my nephew or niece." He grins widely, a tear streaks down his cheek.

I can't even help it, I tighten my arms around his waist, sobs wracking my body as I cry happy tears. He cradles my head against his chest, rubbing a soothing hand against my back. "You better stop or my brothers gonna have my balls when he sees your tear stained face"

I laugh, the sound foreign to my ears as I hiccup midway. Pulling myself together I pull back. He wipes my tears with a smirk, "Good. Now go put your feet up while I make you some tea" I blow out a shaky breath nodding as I move towards the stairs.

After Phillip had come back to the room, he had confirmed for Knox to bring me back to the Alpha house. What I didn't expect was for him to congratulate me with the news of being pregnant as well. I had been so shocked, Knox just as equally shocked as I was. After the news had finally sunk in, Knox was clapping and yelling like he was cheering for the winning football team.

Seeing him lift Phillip in the air with a huge grin really broke me out of my stupor and I finally settled into a fit of giggles. I open the door to our room and give a small smile, our bed is still unmade from this morning's activities. I slip my shoes off, placing my phone on the bedside table.

I hear Knox come up behind me with carrying a tray filled with my tea I'm guessing. He places the tray on the bedside table, as I peek over his shoulder at what he had brought me. There's a mug of steaming hot tea, a plate with some freshly cut fruits and a small bowl of yogurt and muesli.

"Thank you hermano, I'm just gonna take a shower real quick" He nods, "I'll be downstairs" he finishes heading to the door. I call out to him quickly halting his steps, "Knox wait!" He turns to wait for me to continue, "I need a favour, there's something I wanted to go out to get-"

He cuts me off, "Name it and I'll get it" I smile softly at his no-nonsense tone. "Could you grab me some baby booties and a small gift box too" He raises a brow, a smirk tipping the corners of his lips. "You got it" I nod with a grin, turning to make my way to the ensuite.

"I'll be sure to let everyone know to stay away from the Alpha's quarters tonight too" I turn back real quick, my cheeks heating as his chuckles follow him out the door. I mean he did have a point but still, just the fact of knowing that they all know what I and Kane get up to is still, weird, awkward and all the above. I mean it's not like Kane was ashamed in any sense, well neither was I but still, it was just weird.