Chapter One

Three Years Later

Kane

"Do you Kane Sinclair, Eldest son of our late deceased Alpha and Luna. Kieran and Katelyn Sinclair accept this challenge against your father's Beta, Mekiah Williams for the Alpha position?" I watch the Pack Law official as he reads the rights for the challenge, his voice booming throughout the fighting arena, the pack spread out into a large circle as they surround us. Pack members all wait impatiently for the fight to commence. I nod in agreement.

He continues, "Do you accept the challenge, even if it may be a fight to the death to gain the Alpha position?" I nod an affirmative again. He nods before turning to Mekiah Williams, now at the age of sixty, his once brown hair now mostly streaked with grey. His body is still in prime condition, no doubt making a worthy opponent especially since he trained with my father.

My fists clench at my sides as a wave of anger and sadness wafts over me, making me clench my teeth tightly my jaw most likely looking as if it were about to snap in half. It's been three years since the unexpected death of both of my parent's, Alpha's at that and nor I or my younger brothers have seemed to move forward with that, everything seems to be on a standstill for us, nothing has changed.

"You may now begin" the Pack Law official says before moving out of the circle leaving me and my opponent alone within the arena. Turning to look at my three younger brothers I walk over to them removing my singlet and necklace with my Father's ring on it, placing it in the palm of my youngest brother, Kase.

At four, Kase is now 3'7. His baby face is still intact, making the girl's go gaga over his soft amber ringed eyes, pinkish cheeks and soft looking full lips all inherited from our mother. Leaning down from my 6'5 height I bend down to his level, grabbing his head as I connect our foreheads together.

Moving onto Kade, who is now nineteen years old, the second youngest. He now stands at 6'2, his body built to the perfection of an Alpha male should. His broad shoulders are about as broad as everything else on him including his brain, with the amount of pranks he comes up with, Kade is the jokester in our family. He is the other pretty boy in the family, his amber ringed eyes and long neck length black hair that he keeps in a samurai on his head has always managed to attract the opposite sex, to which he uses in his favor all the damn time.

I repeat the same action before moving on to my last brother, Knox now at twenty two. The second eldest, he stands at 6'3 a couple inches shorter than me, making him the next Alpha in line if I lose this challenge. Knox is the hard-ass in our family, all stubborn and straight faced. His black hair is cut into an under cut, the bottom half shaved with the top long, he ties the top back in a small ponytail almost similar to my own. His amber ringed eyes are always watching, serious and calculating always evaluating the situation, with a smirk before he lunges, his opponent won't be able to get a read on what he's planning. He also has the most piercing's out of all of us, two in total, his ear and his eyebrow ring. He pulls my head to his, touching our foreheads briefly, a sign of good luck, a sign of our bond, as family, as blood and as brothers.

Pulling back, I nod at all three before retreating towards the center of the circle to stretch out my neck and long limbs waiting for Mikah to enter the center as well. Coming back to the center he nods before we both start to circle each other. I feel a cold numbness take over my body as I watch him, my gaze intent and calculating. He continues to circle me, his thought process taking over as he tries to figure out a way to start this. We circle each other twice more before I see it, Mikah jumps with a snarl and shifts mid-air.

I wait for him to jump at me before side stepping to the left as my arms wrap around the middle of his abdomen his wolf rearing it's head back as it tries to worm it's way out of my grip, his canine's ready to snap at my flesh. Tightening my arms around him, I flip him onto the ground managing to pin him down in three seconds before his claws dig into my left thigh making me clench my teeth as his claws dig in, his jaw snapping. A low growl is heard throughout the arena. In a blink of an eye, my shorts start to shred before it's nothing but material on the dry dirt. My claws extend before I dig them into Mikah's stomach making him growl loudly as he writhes harder, trying to free himself from my tight grasp.