Chapter Twenty

Unedited

Kane

Tightening my arms around her, I pull her into my chest tighter hoping to give her comfort as well as receive it. To say I was the least bit prepared for any of the events that went down a couple minutes ago would be a lie. Pressing a kiss against her forehead I whisper words of comfort as I carry her down the hall.

I find Mac and Rux at the staircase, both on high alert. Nodding towards Mac he stands, shuffling forward his mouth opening in question before closing as he catches sight of something behind me. I turn my eyes catching Vince as he walks towards us with a scowl on his face.

"Is she okay?" I nod my eyes running over his form, assessing if any damage. "How did you get out?" He looks over her as she buries her face into my neck.

"They let me out" he growls lowly before taking a step closer towards his sister "Lina?"

She wipes her eyes before wriggling to be let down. Placing her on her feet, I watch as she attacks Vince with a hug. I watch over them a minute as Vince whispers into her ear.

Turning back towards the staircase I find Mac. "I want us in the air heading home in the next hour" he nods an affirmative.

"Yes Alpha" he replies with a bow.

Turning back towards Lina I pull her towards my side. My wolf let alone myself not being able to be away from her. "Let's go, we've overstayed our welcome."

Vince nods and heads down the stairs with Rux. Mac already at the door with his phone to his ear. Pulling my mate to my side I press a kiss against her hairline.

Turning into me she tightens her arm around my waist. "Thank you" she whispers softly before peeking back up at me. "I love you Kane."

I feel my heart speed up at her words. A crazy foreign fuzzy feeling takes over in my stomach. Swooping down to her height I lift her up till she's cradled in my arms once again. "I love you more" she chuckles, sniffling once more.

Caressing my cheek once she gives a small shake of her head. "I don't think that's possible" if only she knew. This little petite curvy female had me wrapped around her finger, heart, body and soul. Yet she didn't even know it. Shit makes me fall in love with her even more.

I grip her chin with my thumb and forefinger and devour her mouth slowly, heatedly. Showing her with my mouth what she means to me, how she owns me, all of me. Pulling back, I rub my thumb against her swollen pink bottom lip almost groaning internally as I hold myself back from devouring her lips, and I'm not talking about just the ones on her face.

Walking down the walkway paved through the pack grounds I pause momentarily, as my eyes catch sight of the various pack members all whispering amoungst themselves. My hackles rise as I notice the large circle, parted slightly in the middle as the four of us enter. This can only mean one thing. But what crosses through my head is the fact that he's letting some pup go through with it.

A large hulking body comes through the centre, bare chested as he keeps his brown eyes on Lina. He's well built for a betas first born son, but the fact still remains I am a first born son of an Alpha. "I have come to claim what was promised to me Alpha Sinclair" I feel Lina shift in my arms her eyes widening in alarm.

"Mac" I call once. He makes his way towards me. I move Lina towards him, my body filling with excitement and adrenaline at his challenge.