Chapter Forty- Five

Unedited

Lina

I find myself in a state of semi consciousness. Physically I was here but mentally I wasn't, I was stuck elsewhere with my thoughts on constant reply of the previous moments that had taken place just hours ago. Would I have changed how things had played out in regards to Kane and Vince? Would I have gone after Vince instead of Kane? Why wasn't I searching for Vince as well as Kane?- my thought process cuts off as warm hands engulf my face.

Kane's scent pours off of him in waves, his bright amber ringed eyes find my own and I can almost feel the anger radiating off of him. "Whatever you're thinking, stop. This will never be your fault" I almost feel ashamed at how well he was able to read me without me saying one word. "It falls on Mekiah and Angelo, never you, never me, Vince, Mac or anyone else. Do you hear me baby? This is all on them" he pulls me in closer to him, sliding his left palm down my face he wipes at a stray tear and cups my chin.

"We're going to be okay baby, you just gotta have a little faith" holding his eyes with my own, I search his amber ringed eyes for any sort of sign that he may even doubt his own words but nothing shines more than his honesty. Nodding, I take a deep breath, "I trust you, thank you." I watch the dimple appear in his left cheek as he smiles softly, bending down slightly he presses a deep kiss against my lips.

My body alights with the need to get closer to him, wrapping my arms around his neck, I kiss him with renewed vigor. My emotions were heightened after the whole ordeal that went down hours ago, I wanted, needed to be close to him as physically possible. Those events managed to instill how important time is and to never take any of you're loved ones for granted.

Kane pulls back within an inch, his eyes now a darker shade of brown. He breathes deeply no doubt smelling how much I want him. His eyes tell me exactly what I want, the need in them so fierce, powerful that tingles run down my spine, goosebumps lining the skin of my bare arms.

He catches my bottom lip with his thumb, that one touch searing through me with a hot zing. Molten lava bubbles at the pit of my stomach as he gives me that look, a look I knew all too well. His blunt white teeth scrap against his bottom lip and I feel my breathing deepen, I was high on anticipation, a temporary cure to the sadness I was feeling just a second ago, I definitely had the pregnancy hormones to thank for that.

Three knocks sound out before the door opens from the far side of me. Taking a stuttering breath I turn towards the sound, Phillip bows slightly tilting his neck in a form of submission as he greets the both of us. "Alpha, Luna. Everything seems fine, you have a few minor bruises, nothing that your werewolf can't heal. Your baby is also well, heart beat is strong and healthy, although-" he pauses, taking his specs off as he tilts the chart to face us head on. "I do recommend for you Luna to try and not shift for the remainder of your pregnancy. It could potentially harm your pup unless you decide to give birth as your wolf?"

My brows crinkle in slight confusion, hormones all but pushed to the back of my mind right now. "I'm sorry, I'm not following? I don't wish to give birth while in my beast form, I wish to deliver naturally" my eyes cut over to Kane who smiles stupidly as if I had just said the most dumbest thing and to be honest with the way Doctor Phillip was grinning I probably just did.

"If you keep shifting on a regular basis throughout your pregnancy, your wolf might not shift back holding you hostage for the remainder of your six month period, to keep your pup safe" Phillip finishes off and I have the audacity to open and shut my mouth twice. Turning back towards my husband I raise a brow, "Six months?"

Kane gives a small shake of his head, entwining our fingers once more he smiles, "We're going to be fine baby, just a little faith." I take a much needed breath, facing Phillip once more I nod, "Okay got it, no shifting until after labour" he smiles, with a nod he closes up the chart and starts to back out the door.