Chapter Thirty

Unedited

Lina

Light kisses rain gently against the side of my face, leaving small bursts of warmth in their wake. I smile into the fluffy pillow, my nose coming into contact of a hard yet slightly soft surface, heat being emitted off of it. Tingles run down my body in waves, my eyes opening and coming to slowly. Kane holds his weight with his hands caging my body in, his amber ringed eyes tinged with a slight sleepy haziness as he gazes down at me. "Hi" he grumbles huskily a smile tilting at my lips at his greeting, my mind rewinds back to the exact moment we had first met.

I slide my hands up his chest, my fingers running the line of his jaw. "Hi" I say with a teasing grin, he chuckles, the deep sound melting my insides, fire pooling within my lower belly. No matter how many times he had taken me last night or the past few days, I was still ravenous for him. If not, I'd say my sexual appetite was somewhat more heightened, not that I nor he were complaining at all, if anything Kane loved it all the more.

"What time do we leave today?" he drops his face into the side of my neck, his lips leaving gentle kisses against his mark. "In a few hours, I have a meeting as soon as we get back" I tilt my head to the side, peeking down at him. "You have Luna duties to attend to as well so don't stress" he replies, his lips quirking up as I grin down at him.

Bending down towards him, I capture his lips with my own. He pulls back with a growl, his eyes darkening as he grips my shirt and yanks it up and over my body my laughter dying down to sweet moans as he makes love to me once more... or two.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"I'm seriously going to miss this place" I sigh as Kane throws our last bag into the back seat of his truck. Straightening up he closes the door, "We can come back as soon as you like since I own the place baby."

I turn towards him with a smile and a nod. Walking around he opens my door and helps me in before walking to the drivers side and then we're off.

After a moment Kane slides his hand over to my lap, his fingers locking with my own as I watch the scenery pass. "So what exactly do my duties entail?" I ask after a while.

He turns towards me, "That all depends on you, if you want a full day to keep you occupied then it'll be a full day." Stopping at a red light he grips both our hands and places them on to his thigh.

"Your duties will range from a number of things. I know how much you'll miss the pups so your free to help out with the younger pups at the pack house" he pauses stepping on the gas as the light goes green.

"I also want you to attend meetings with me as well as training sessions" I turn to him in surprise, "Really? Like you'd really let me train with you?" I fully turn towards him, expecting him to say no any minute.

He grins, leaning down slightly to softly nip at the pulse on my wrist the scruff on his cheeks pricking me in the process. "Yes, I've been thinking about it for awhile now. And I've been weighing the pros and cons of you learning how to fight if I'm ever not there"

If I didn't love this man as much as I did now, I'd probably love him even more. I know how hard it must of been for him to even consider the fact that he won't always be stuck to me in order for him to protect me. Especially as an Alpha and his sole purpose of always wanting to protect me as his mate.

"None of that matters as long as your safe. So the right thing to do is have you train just for my peace of mind and for safety precautions" I bite back a grin, settling for pressing a kiss against his hand, "Thank you" I murmur softly.