Chapter Thirteen

Unedited

Lina.

I buckle, my eyes landing on Kane immediately as we enter the kitchen. A soft smile makes its way on to my face as I watch him with Kase. He gently lifts him off the ground placing him on the bench as Kase manovers over to the right to wash his hands in the stainless steel sink.

My stomach flutters as thoughts of him being a great father enter my mind. "Go ahead Lina, were listening" A deep voice yells from my left. I turn in said direction and catch sight of Kade, his amber ringed eyes crinkling at the corners as he gestures to Kane with a tilt of his chin. I chuckle softly before moving into the room further.

Knox pauses as he passes the forks over to Kase besides him. "Allow me brother" he cuts in before Kane or I can answer. "Shorty here played Knight in shinning armour and rescued our giant princess here" he points over towards Kane's large frame leaning against the sink, his arms folded across his chest. Loud laughter is heard throughout the huge kitchen, even Kase giggles adorably behind his little fist.

I turn to Mrs Anne with a grin, "Roles reversed, more or less" she nods just as Kane scoops Kase up into his beefy arms. "You think that's funny buddy?" Kase squeals as he tickles into his sides, making my insides warm tenfold.

A hand touching my arm relieves me of my thoughts. "Lets eat dear" I nod and move towards the table. Mac places a large ceramic dish in the centre of the large table while Kade and Knox fetch bowls of fresh bread rolls and salad.

Once everything is in place, everyone takes their seats. Kase to the left of me and Kane to the right of me, sitting at the head of the table. Mrs. Anne is seated right across from me with Kade to her left and Mac right beside him, Knox takes the last seat next to Kase.

Mrs Anne then nods to Kase as everyone bows there heads in silence. "Thank you lord, for the food we are about to receive and for looking after us, Amen." A loud choruses of "Amens" are heard before everyone starts to dig in.

I move to dish some for Kase but Knox beats me to it already blowing softly on the lasagna now cooling down on Kases plate. Turning back to my plate I find it loaded with lasagna, salad and bread rolls.

Kane already starting to butter them for me, I catch his hand in my own and press a kiss against the top of it, in thanks. He leans over and kisses my forehead before continuing on with the task.

"So Lina, how are you feeling since your first shifting?" Kade asks from across from me. I ponder the question, "Well, it wasn't easy. It hurt real bad, but the relief once I had got over that climb was relieving" Mrs Anne nods, "You did great, We were all downstairs when it happened" I pause, wait seriously? I turn towards Kane just as he clears his throat.

"I had you shift in the gym room. At the pack house" he explains, his eyes searching mine as if waiting for some sort of reaction. I nod once and swallow, my head still trying to wrap around the fact that they had heard me go through all of that.

"Speaking of which, when is her welcoming ceremony?" Kade asks this time. Kane glares down at him before facing my confused face, "When she's ready then I'll have one prepared" I raise a brow in his direction, he sighs. "You've just shifted, technically your a lone wolf, a rouge. But when your ready to meet the pack and all, we'll be holding a special ceremony where you'll be joining the pack"

He pauses gauging my reaction before continuing. "Your also my mate so that would be apart of the ceremony as well. But I'm not forcing or rushing anything until your comfortable baby, so take your time. Just not too much time" I smile in thanks before returning to my food.