Chapter Forty- Four

Unedited

Kane

"Father? What is the meaning of this?"

Mac's voice carry's from behind me as we all face his father Mekiah.

Mekiah the same man who we had all called Uncle. Mekiah the exact same man, who was also Mac's father and a man we had all trusted. Mekiah, the same man who was once my father's beta.

He faces the three of us with a straight face, his tall stature looming above me, as his big hands hold on tightly to my wife, one thick arm wrapped against her upper torso and the other holds a sharp blade that glints tauntingly besides Lina's neck. Her black curls have come loose and now cover majority of her face but my eyes were so accustomed to memorizing her features and from the looks of it, I knew someone had hurt my baby.

Mekiah narrows his eyes down at Mac, their facial features so damn similar to each other, the picture would have been comical. "Quiet Mackenzie, this doesn't concern you." Mac grips the railing besides me as he swallows down his anger at being dismissed. Kiah turns to me with a brow raised, licking his lips he tilts his chin. "You have a choice to make Sinclair" I move up a step and he growls placing the blade deeper against the skin of Lina's neck.

"Come any closer and she dies" he says with a look, his gaze intense. "This blade has been dipped in wolfs bane." I halt, my wolf on fucking edge. I needed to get a grip on the beast or it will cost my wife's life. I swear to the moon, I don't understand anything on why or how he's here right now and with the circumstances of our current situation? What the fuck is going on? Pushing all that to the side, my main focus right now was to get my mate and baby out of here safely.

"Dad what are you-" Mekiah growls lowly in reply the blade inching way too close for comfort against my wife's neck. "Don't. Call me that-" he grips out with clenched teeth, I step in needing to calm this whole situation down before it ends up going south. Even though it was already ten ways of fucked up to Hell.

Holding up a hand in a calming gesture I lower my voice. "What are my options Kiah?" His bright amber eyes flicker between the three of us. Almost assessing his options, if anything we could take him and he knew that but with Lina in his clutches right now, he knew he had the upper hand somewhat. I prayed Knox would stay hidden for now, "Turn over your title or I kill your wife" Vince rustles besides me, his anger prominent as he keeps his wolf on a tight leash. Mekiah narrows his eyes besides with a brow raised he slowly drags the knife down towards Lina's stomach.

"And unborn child."

I feel my own stomach drop, my mouth dries as I follow the knife as he leads it towards my wife's abdomen, where my unborn baby is tucked. Vince's breathing starts to get louder, faster and way more harsher. I knew without a doubt it was only a matter of time before he shifted.

Needing to get my nerves together I grip the railing hard, gritting my teeth as I give a nod. My decision was sealed to begin with, it'll always be her and now with my son? It'll always be the both of them, always.

"You let her and my Son go Kiah. This happens between you and me, never her." He eyes me dangerously, assessing, calculating. Kiah pulls his arm back, holding the knife in his hand as he straightens, he keeps a tight grip on Lina with his free hand still wrapped around her upper chest. "You're wrong boy. It's between you and Angelo, not me." Vince snarls to the left of me, Ignoring him I focus on Mekiah, hoping like hell he'd at least bargain with me.

"Just let her go, please" his eyes lock on my own and I prayed to the Moon goddess he would listen, this man was my own fucking family damn it! His eyes soften slightly before catching sight of something behind me. "You know, that's the exact same words your father said as we ambushed him and your mother."