Chapter Forty- One

*Short but Updated*

Unedited

Kane

I don't pause pacing as thoughts continue to consume me, I run through every possible word Vane had said to me not more than two minutes ago. He vowed that he had no hand in the kidnapping or letters that were sent out to me and from the tone of his voice I believed him. The only problem we had now was who the fuck was behind all this? Yes I said we, because whether I wanted it or not, Vane had made it crystal clear that he was done sitting on the sidelines when it came to his children. Better later than Ever I guess?

But the question still remained, Who and more importantly Why?

"What are you thinking?" I lick my dry lips, a loud sigh leaving me in a rush. "I honestly don't know where to-" A loud banging is heard at my office door just as Iris mind links me.

'Alpha. Rogues just outside the boarder, close to the Alpha House.'

~*~

Lina

Rogues?

Here?

My body acts on instinct, my mind following its intention to protect myself and my baby. Closing my eyes, I breath heavily as a rush of heat swarms me in waves, starting from the bottom of my abdomen and rising upwards steadily.

I welcome the heat with open arms as the shift takes over me in seconds until I'm standing in the form of my wolf. Raising my snout in the air slightly and taking a deep breath, I feel and hear every small movement behind me.

A ripple of satisfaction and gratification slides through me at finally letting my wolf out once again. My eyes snap open as a sound is heard to my left. My amber ringed gaze falls upon Iris and Eve who are both bowing their big wolf like heads as Sarah bares her neck still in her human form.

I feel my jaws open and a low growl leave my lips, the Alpha in me pleased yet alert as to the situation we are currently in.

"Iris, Kane?"

Iris keeps her head bowed, but answers my mind link.

"He's on his way now Luna"

I nod, lifting my snout once more hoping to scent him out. My nose leads me towards the opening of our large hallway, I hear steps behind me and continue on. Not a second later a tantalising scent wafts through my nose and enters my senses, taking over my mind and body completely.

A loud bark leaves my lips as Kane literally comes barrelling through the door, his broad shoulders and wide chest heaving intensely as his eyes scope the room before landing on my wolf form. He drops down to his knees in front of me, a deep crease in between his brows as he starts directing orders.

"Mac. Collect the enforcers and have them sweep our territory now. I want you, Vince and Knox to stick close to the Alpha house and Pack house." He turns towards Iris and Eve. "You two head to the school, I want the pups on lock down and Sarah, alert Mrs. Anne and everyone else."

Once he's finished everyone bows in respect before taking their leave to set out and do what the Alpha has commanded. Once the door closes with a click, I watch his face closely, his amber ringed eyes are glazed over so I know he's mind linking right now. Raising my snout, I press my wet nose against his hard shoulder. He automatically runs a hand through my fur, easing me somewhat as he still hasn't said one word to me.

I huff against his neck, snapping him out of his link. Facing me he grips my face in his hands, his gaze intense, almost scary like as he continues to stare. I feel my head tilt in his hands, not comprehending what he was feeling at this moment. I open my mind and probe at his link, hoping to feel something, anything.

My attempts go to complete waste as he keeps a firm wall against his mind. His big hand travels down towards my neck, he slides his fingers through a tuft of my fur.

"Shift." One word. He commands me with one word and I'll be damned if my body doesn't twitch with a shiver of defiance at his voice. Holding my head steady he issues the command once more, in both reality and through our link. The change is immediate, like a dam breaking and water spilling though. It's instantaneous and accelerated, one second I'm standing on four legs in the next I'm butt naked and sitting on two.

Kane's hands wrap around my body in the next blink of an eye, his body wrapped around me like a vine as he starts to move. He doesn't say a word, my fingers glide up his muscled arms as I hold him against me. If I didn't know any better my husband was more than worried, he was scared, disturbed almost.

Running my hands through his neck length locks, I hope to soothe him if anything to reassure him. Pressing a kiss against his neck, I nuzzle my face against his neck. "I'm here Kane. I love you."

~*~

Kane

I felt like I was back there.

Back then.

-Looking into his blood shot eyes, I notice why he had that look in his eyes, why a big, strong man like Mikah suddenly had tears forming in his ice blue eyes.-

I feel my heart rate quicken, as my breathing starts to pick up.

- That was the first time I had witnessed a male wolf with his title break down and cry, his hands clutching at me as he sobbed into my limp arms-

I clutch at Lina's body tightly, my own body trembling as I continue to carry her towards our bed.

- a numbness taking over my body as he continued to cry, because I knew, in that moment I knew-

"I'm here Kane. I love you"

I feel the tightening in my chest lessen, as her words seep into the darkness. The feeling of helplessness and buried sorrow all but suffocating me until her words ring through me, in my mind and body.

My mind slowly crawls out of that hole until I'm here, physically and mentally, with her, with our baby. My legs don't make it and I end up sliding down the door with her in my arms as tears finally make their way out of my eyes. The once buried sorrow, back with a vengeance and torment of what could have been and what had been.

~*~

That's all for today folks! Sorry it's a bit short!
I was going to continue but I feel like this chapter had to end there, it wouldn't feel right to continue on from there at this point! But the next chapter is definitely in the works! Be sure to follow my Instagram and Facebook page for early teasers on upcoming chapters!! Ya'll don't wanna miss those!!

Also big hello and welcome to all my new readers and followers who have decided to join the #SinclairPack Bandwagon *Cheeses hard* I thank each and everyone of you new comers and to those day one riders who have been with this book since the beginning!! I appreciate each and everyone of you!!

Drop me a comment on your feelings and thoughts!!

Stay blessed and stay safe!

Love ya'll

Josie.