Chapter Thirty-One

Unedited

Kane

"It's good to have you back Kane" Mac says with a grin, his arms folded across his chest as he sits across from me. I lean back in my fathers seat, his office bringing back so many memories of the ruckus we used to cause in here while he occupied the same chair.

But for some reason, the memories in itself we not so painful thinking about them now. And I have my beautiful mate to thank for that. I lean my elbows against the hand rests on the seat, "I don't know, I think I'd rather spend my time with my woman instead" I reply with a grin, making my brothers groan in annoyance.

Vince scoffs from my left, his arm casually hanging behind his chair as he slouches lazily. "Yeah yeah and we're happy for you now back to business Sinclair" Knox pauses the flickering of his lighter, he's currently leaning against the drawer besides the desk. Kade near the back on the large leather sofa, throwing a football in the air as he reclines back.

"Everyone's so salty today, what's going on brothers? You guys been missing out on your weekly appointments?" I grin widely, hoping to rile them up abit.

Kade chuckles, sitting up as he holds the ball. "I've been getting mine, don't worry about me-" Mac cuts him off with a laugh the others joining in as we all face him.

"Man you ain't been getting shit, we all know your ass has been washing dishes at night" Knox says with a grin, making us laugh all over again.

Kade flips him off, "That's not what your girl said as she was giving me head Knockety Knox" Vince grins widely, all of us laughing at the use of Knox's child hood nickname.

Knox just smiles, turning towards the long drawers he's currently leaning on he bends and opens the third one. A second later he turns towards us with a smirk. Not a second longer a large circle like object goes flying towards Kade.

He catches it mid air. "She can't give you head if she can't find it" we all break out in loud laughs as Kade holds up a magnifying glass. With a wink Knox grins, "That'll help you out next time" Kade cracks a grin himself before throwing the football at him.

"Yeah alright alright. So what's been happening since I've left?" I turn to Mac waiting for him to report.

"Not much man, everything's been quiet. After our meeting today though, we should expect some company" I don't miss the nervous look he sends my way. I nod, agreeing on discussing that in private with him.

Turning to Knox I wait for him to start. "Everyone's still alert as you left them. Training sessions are still the same. I've rotated both patrol shifts and combat sessions and so far everything's been the same" He continues to play with the lighter in his hands.

I listen intently, having no doubt in my mind that my brother was training the fuck out of these male wolves. I had to have Vince step in to assist Mac while I was away. But Vince usually takes care of our enforcers.

Clearing my throat, I face Knox once more. "How's our newcomers?" He shrugs, "They're good people. Mrs Sue is expecting her granddaughter in the next week or so" he pauses leaning back on his hands against the wooden surface. I don't miss the abrupt way Mac straightens, his eyes subtly flickering between colours.

"She isn't one of us though, so they see no reason for their granddaughter to get involved with pack business." If I didn't know any better I would bet my damn pack that Mrs Sue's granddaughter was Mac's mate.

"That's fine, I'll need to pay them a visit after our meeting today." Leaning back in my seat, I decide to just throw it out there.

"Listen, I want Lina to start training as well" Four heads all shoot up in surprise and not a second later Kade is the first to ask. "For real? Your letting her train with us?"