Chapter Nine

Unedited

Lina.

Words couldn't even begin to fathom what the hell I had just witnessed. My mind was a tornado in itself as questions times three hundred were circulating and completely destroying sane explanations from that day's unusual occur of events.

But for the life of me, I was at a complete and utter loss. Loss for words, Loss for emotions, hell loss for everything. I didn't know, shit my brain could not comprehend yet put into words what the hell I had just gone through nor what the outcome was. But only one thing remained on my mind, Kane.

I sigh heavily, my hands rubbing at my swollen eyes for the tenth time today. Standing, I move from the soft warm couch and stand against the front living room window, my gaze wondering just like the thoughts in my head. It's been three days since I had last seen him. Once I had shifted back, things all went down hill from there.

A silent tear slides down my right cheek as I stare at the man before me, a feeling of unfamiliarity settles within me as his eyes plead with me.

But just like the confused and unstable female that I am, I swallow the lump thickly and continue on, "Why?" I plead back, my voice a soft whisper. "Carajo el hermano, dime por que?"  I yell frustratingly, a sob leaving my lips in a rush as I try my damn hardest to hold it in.

Hazel eyes identical to my own, cloud over with sadness, Vince moves towards me, his arms moving in to pull me into him. But I'm not having any of that, I slap his hands away and straighten my back before turning towards Kane, "And you" I point a finger accusingly at him as he watches me closely, his eyes harden, familiar black, blank pools watching me intensely.

"You knew the whole damn time, yet you didn't say shit to me" I continue on, more tears streaming down my face.

They both had lied to me, I felt angry, sad, frustrated. But what really stood out from my whirlwind of emotions was betrayal. I felt like they didn't trust me at all, hell they didn't think I was worthy or ready yet to know that my mother had been keeping a major secret from me.

Regardless if I had not shifted yet, someone should have told me. At least then, It would have been an easier process for me to go through. Vince I could understand his reasoning, he was abiding our mother's wishes, but Kane? He had did it for his own selfish reasons, he was afraid that I would leave him of my own free will if I found out about him, about us.

'Yet you did' I hear quietly echoing throughout my head. I glare at my front porch angrily, now used to the voice of my wolf.

I sniffle softly, wiping my nose on the sleeve of my hoodie before moving away from the window. The anger had all but melted away, all that was left was the feeling of sadness, my body had stopped functioning since I had asked the both of them to give me space.

"Mija, por favor. Mama, didn't want you to get involved with all that." Vince continues, his face a mask of guilt and hurt as I turn away from him to wipe at my face. "She had her reasons, and I had to go through with it, please. Lo siento hermana, I didn't think it was time"

I laugh sarcastically, "And when was a good time Vince, huh when?" I yell back loudly, anger running through me like wildfire as I clench my fists tightly besides me. He opens his mouth to talk, only to close it once more. I sneer up at him before pacing back and forth once more.

"Tell me something Kane. Were you ever going to tell me?" I ask quietly, holding my breath as I await his answer. He holds my gaze, his eyes seeing right through to my soul.