Chapter Forty- Two

*Peek the cover! This one is definitely staying*

Unedited

Lina

My heart and whole being aches at the sight of his tears, the sound of his muffled breathing as he continues to cry silently into my neck. Not able to do much physically, I mentally send him warmth and light through our mind link using images that I've managed to store away for myself. Memories of his smile, his dimples, the way he smirks at me when he's feeling mischievous.

Past images of him down on one knee asking me to marry him. I show him memories of himself as he handles Kase and the rest of his brothers, how happy and grateful they are to have him, to love him. Lastly, I show him a memory of him crying once more but this time happy tears, the time I had told him we were both expecting our first baby.

Cradling his face against my neck, I wrap my arms around him and just hold him, keeping contact with him as he settles down. After a minute, I pull back from him, gripping his face in between my hands, I angle his head down towards me. Wiping his tears with my thumbs I hold his beautiful eyes, "Tell me mi mundo." (Tell me my world)

I feel a slight change in him, his shoulders tensing as his jaw clenches and I immediately feel like he's shutting me out once more. He exhales loudly, gripping my hand and intwining our fingers. His eyes stay locked on our hands, making me curious as to what had his attention. Looking down I feel my lips tip up into a smile as he rubs his thumb against my middle finger, his ring sitting there comfortably.

Catching my eyes once more he licks his dry lips, "I had a flash back" holding his gaze I wait for him to continue. "From back when Mikah had delivered the news of my parents passing." He connects our foreheads, his eyes closing as he remembers.

"They had to leave us for a council meeting, there were meant to be a lot of other packs there to discuss Alpha challenges, New territories and Pack expansions" not wanting to jolt him nor stop him I wait as he takes his time to continue.

"My Ma always made a big commotion when saying goodbye to us every single time they had to leave for council meetings" his brow creases as a tear slides down his cheek. "Every damn month."

He exhales heavily, "I wish I could've appreciated it more, God to think of how I used to roll my eyes at her when she used to yank me down to her height to kiss my cheeks goodbye-" he pauses, clenching his jaw tightly.

I run my thumb over the ticking muscle and press my lips against his cheek softly. He grips on to my waist, holding me tightly. "My Dad laid down the law, always made us stand taller, prouder whenever in his presence. Gave us the usual run down of what we were to do and how Mrs Anne was coming over to watch over us for a night or two."

I smile faintly at the mention of Mrs Anne, that lady really was a Godsend to these boys. "We were goofing around as usual, Kade about to lose his shit over his Xbox until Mrs Anne had me handle him. Not too long after there was a knock at the door, about three or four hours after my parents had left us."

"Opening that door, I remember Mekiah. His face, bloodied and dirty, his clothes were shredded. But his eyes. The look he had in them, I just knew then and there that something had happened." I wipe the tears that continue to silently fall down his cheeks my heart shattering all over again for him and the pain he still harbours over the years since his parents had passed.

"He said they were ambushed by rogues. My parents didn't even make it to the council meeting. I couldn't even hear the rest of his words after that, all I could feel was hopeless, empty. Hearing my parents had left us, left me. It was like living and having no soul" He shakes his head with a harsh sigh.