Chapter Eleven

Unedited

Lina.

I find myself nibbling on my bottom lip as I await Kane's arrival, after taking a long needed shower, I came out to find the room empty. Deciding to calm myself some, I start to clean his bed, the sheets crumpled from this mornings recent activities.

I start to straighten one side and then think better of it and strip the whole sheet down and off the bed, before placing it in a wash basket near the door. Placing the pillows and folded blankets back on the bare bed. I start to clear his floor, my head shaking in disgust as I pick up the third bottle of Whiskey.

If the blue label is any indication I'd say Kane's alcohol tolerance was pretty damn high. Pulling his curtains open, letting the sunlight into the darkened room, I quickly swipe a glance across his room, nodding with finality before gripping his washing basket in my hands and moving out of his door.

Peering down the long hall, I debate on which way to go, before going right. Heading up further I find two other doors. Opening the one to my right, I peek my head in and find myself staring at someone's sleeping form, Kade's sleeping form to be exact. His shoulders slumped as his head hangs off and over his bare chest.

Gripping the door in one hand and the washing basket in the other I close his door quietly. Turning, I try the one on the left. Opening it as quietly as I can, I almost sigh in relief as I find the washing machine, the dryer right next to it. After running the water and detergent, I throw the sheets in with a few of Kane's shirts and my clothes from last night.

Throwing his last shirt in, I move to close the lid until a gasp leaves my lips. If Kade was asleep right now, in a room further up the hall, that means he heard every goddamn thing that came out of Kane's room. Hell, everything that came out of my mouth.

My eyes close and pinch in embarrassment, and if my face heating was any other indication, no doubt was my face a bright red. I swipe a hand over my face, brushing the long black curls behind my ears. Moisting my lips with my tongue, I release a long breath.

A loud crack jolts me from my own thoughts. Straightening quickly, I move out of the laundry room just as a sleepy Kade makes his way out of his room, his eyes alert. My face flushes tenfold as he takes notice of me in Kane's clothes. His eyes run over me quickly, "You okay?" I nod, swallowing the thick lump in my throat as I look anywhere but at him.

Growling is heard throughout the hall before a furious Kane storms out of his room, his hair wet, chest bare as water continues to run down his abdomen in rivulets. Kade moves in front of me, his stance protective. "Where is she?" Kane's deep husky voice reaches my ears. My brows crinkle in confusion of who 'she' is?

Kade takes a step forward, his build hiding me completely from Kane. "What are you-" Kane's growl is feral. "Where is Lina, Kade?" I swallow the lump in my throat as my shoulders ease slightly at his words. Moving to the side, I find his eyes immediately. His clenched fists relax as the rest of his body does too.

He doesn't waste a second until he's right in front of me and I'm in his arms. I grip the back of his neck as he lifts me off the ground. He buries his face into the crook of my neck, his big hands gripping onto my waist tightly. I press a kiss against his temple. His damp hair wetting the shirt I'm currently wearing, "You okay?" I whisper soothingly against his ear.

He presses a soft kiss against my neck in reply. He turns with me in his arms and makes his way back down the hall to his room. Kicking the door closed with his foot he places me on the bed, holding his weight with his hands on either side of my head. My eyes stray to his muscled arms and hold, my thoughts running to how those same arms had held me up and on his face earlier this morning.