2) 27

Chapter twenty-seven

I stared down at her looking as she slept with her whole hand around my finger. Her head full of hair was covered with a hat while her white skin was reddish making me smile.

"Sammy?" Mahogany asked waking up panicking looking at the baby container.

"We right here, we good." I lightly laughed calming her down.

"How long I was sleep?"

"Couple hours but it's cool we just been chilling."

"I'm so hungry, can I eat yet?"

"Sim went to ya favorite to get you some food."

"That's like a hour away." She said with her eyes wide.

"We know."

"Why would she do that for me? Sim doesn't even like me."

"Sim likes everybody, it's no beef there. She just don't fucks with you cause you always letting somebody think for you."

"Who do I let think for me?"

"Every damn body! That shit annoying, you grown as hell still letting people run over your ass."

"I'm sorry that-"

"You better not start crying yo." I looked up at her hearing her words get slower and lower.

"I just don't like to be spoken to like that."

"Brah." I straight faced her going to sit next to her wrapping my arm around her shoulder. "You ugly as hell when you crying."

"Shut up Sammy." She laughed.

"Just saying you lucky Lew not in here to say it then you'll really be crying."

"Are y'all back cool?"

"Me and Lew?" I raised a eyebrow.

"Yeah."

"We was never beefing, I'm good with all my brothers. Bhris been moving a little funny but I ain't gon blame em, I wouldn't even fuck with him if he did the nut shit I did." I shook my head.

"Maybe you aren't that over Sim like you think you are."

"I know I'm not but I put her through too much and it's too late."

"So are you really happy or you been sneak hating?"

"Ain't no sneak hating. I fucks with their relationship, they bond on some other shit. The other day we sitting round Bhris was mad at the whole world, we couldn't even get the nigga to talk but Sim just walked in, ain't say nothing and this nigga forgot he was mad altogether."

"That's love." She smiled rubbing her head looking down.

"He ain't even talk to Lew that's how mad he was but just forgetting everything when he saw her. I wasn't like that with her and he damn sure wasn't like that with Nailah."

"It's a fucked up way how they found each other but maybe they was just meant for each other."

I nodded listening, maybe Mo was right. No matter how much I or everybody else wanted us together we just wasn't meant to be. I wasn't ready for a relationship and I'm still not.

"Have you put her down since I been to sleep?" She asked as she started moving around until her eyes opened.

"No."

"Oh God, she's going to be so spoiled." She rolled her eyes.

"If you think I'm bad wait until-"