18| Fading

Fading: an energy-based form of teleportation.

Apologies for the week long wait! I kinda took a break from writing or lost my motivation, and I'm still struggling to get back into it again cuz of school and etc. BUT DW IT'LL HAPPEN SOON ENOUGH ❤️

Enjoy xx

t.m.

🔮🔮🔮

S.E // The 7th Supreme

  My mind was in a state of chaos after I left. I didn't tell Grams or Frida about what I had seen yet, wanting to ponder over it myself before going to anyone at all for advice. My fingers drummed against my steering wheel lightly as I bit my lip; ruminating on each image I saw when that infant grasped my finger.

  The ring was obvious. It belonged to The Saviors, which only meant that they were close to finding me, and I had to be ready. The hounds running in the woods however seemed like a mystery to me. As I pondered harder, I remembered catching a glimpse of orange flames. A mob? My face paled at the thought. Mobs were usually formed when a witch was on the run, or when they were sentencing a witch or warlock to death, burning them at the stake. Did that mean I was going to be burnt at the stake?

  I felt my insides churn at the thought, an overwhelming sense of fear seeping into me. I felt like I was my eighteen year old self again, terrified when I had first heard about 6 Man and how he was planning to hunt down every Supreme that existed. I didn't know how to control all my powers at the time; I was naïve and weak under the protection of my parents. Unlike any other eighteen year olds, I didn't want to move out or anything like that, mainly because it was important I stayed with my family and my coven for my own protection. Even till this day, being 25 years old I still felt that paranoia and fear every time I thought of 6 Man.

  If you think about it logically, 6 Man was just a normal human being. A man I could easily take down. I could just flick my wrist, twisting his neck and killing him instantly. Or I could make his blood boil to a certain temperature where his entire body would liquefy due to the intense heat. I could burn him alive, I could make him choke on air, blood, anything. But thinking up these various ways of killing him made me feel like a murderer, a dangerous supernatural creature, which is what The Saviors perceived us witches and warlocks to be.

  Then again, I thought about how he had killed all the 6 Supremes. They were almost as powerful as I was, with the capability to take down anything and everything that stood in their way. How did they not see him coming? It seriously baffled me how a simple human like 6 Man, managed to take down 6 Supremes. 6 witches with the most extraordinary powers that could rip this world apart. This obviously meant something. 6 Man wasn't just a normal witch hunter. He was different. Smart, cunning, vicious, every other adjective that could describe a shrewd murderer.

  I was ripped out of my thoughts when my phone began ringing loudly in the seat next to me. Just as I paused at the traffic light, I reached over the console, answering the call through the car itself. A sarcastic British voice filled the speakers immediately, a frown etching upon my face when I realized whom it was.

   "Maximus?"

   "Hello love," I heard his sly voice through the speakers.

   "How do you have my number?" I questioned.

   "I'm assuming you didn't even look at your phone because I'm calling from Harry's," Maximus chuckled deeply, his sarcastic tone making me scowl lightly before something dawned upon me.