50| Conjuration

Conjuration: the ability to instantly create matter from nothing.

I was cackling like Niall looking at the reactions to the previous chapter because y'all seem to be SO reassured Sage will bring him back !!!

I'm so petty shsjjsjsjsj

Again, part of this chapter is in third person!

Unedited xx

Enjoy xx

t.m.

🔮🔮🔮

M.M. // The Gladiator

"Jesus, you're so fucking slow."

"I'm pregnant you asshole," Sage snapped at Maximus' words, finding him to be utterly annoying as they made their way back to the mansion.

They managed to pick up Nymeria on the way, Maximus staying quiet without throwing any remarks at Sage while she cried softly when they found the dog. For now Sage managed to make the dog hover in the air and follow them as they headed back to the mansion. Her powers of resurrection required too much energy to even try bringing the dog back to life. The red force field came into sight, a sigh of relief leaving both, Maximus and Sage's lips. Sage then turned to Maximus, parting her lips to speak urgently to him.

"I can go back on my own, you go help Harry," she told him firmly. "And be safe okay?"

"I'll be perfectly fine without your goodbye wishes-"

"Just go," Sage said with a roll of her eyes, making Maximus chuckle lightly, before turning back and jogging towards the forest.

~-~

Maximus' icy blue eyes navigated the way to the large space where he supposed The Saviors were supposed to be. It had been only about fifteen minutes or so since he and Sage left Harry to distract the Saviors. There was a bad feeling in the pit of Maximus' heart, but he didn't want to tell Sage about it because she would've gotten too worried. Stress is bad for the baby he thought to himself, before rolling his eyes at how he was actually thinking about the health of his niece or nephew. A part of him was somewhat excited for the baby, thinking that perhaps it would bring Sage and Harry back together.

He moved quickly and quietly, jumping over logs and ducking under jutting out branches. The large space in the middle of the forest came into sight soon enough. Maximus' brows lowered when he noticed that it was strangely empty except for a man whom was on the floor kneeling next to a body. His heart dropped in his chest as he quickly made his way towards the man, nearing them and noticing that it was Jason holding someone's body in his arms.

"Jason," Maximus uttered loudly.

Jason turned his upper body just as Maximus circled around him, jaw dropping open at the sight. Jason knelt on the grassy ground with Harry's dead body in his arms. His icy blue eyes turned glossy as they landed on the gaping blood hole in Harry's chest, before moving to his heart lying on the grass nearby. Maximus felt like his heart had exploded in his chest at the sight of his dead brother, sucking in sharp breaths as tears quickly gathered up in his eyes.