21| Transmutation

Transmutation: the act of moving oneself from one place to another. It's the same as teleportation and is one of the 7 Wonders.

Up above: Esmeralda Castavet (Atticus' mother) played by the beautiful Cate Blanchett.

Enjoy xx

t.m.

🔮🔮🔮

S.E // The 7th Supreme

  Today was another really stressful day at the university. I had the students present presentations on a topic of their choice regarding 20th Century Wars. They were all incredibly well done and interesting in many ways, but today I just wasn't feeling it. Part of me thinks it was because Harry had left in the morning without notifying me at all. I tried not to take it personally, but I couldn't help but feel my heart drop in disappointment as soon as I woke up to an empty space next to me.

  I didn't see him around the university today, probably because his students were setting up an exhibition for today and he was busy tending to that. I didn't want to see him anyways. I tried my best not to think too much about it, nor nag him about it either because I was unsure about whether or not that was okay to do. I didn't want to seem clingy or anything like that, but on the other hand I did want to talk about it or at least question him. My mind was a mess, questions and thoughts like these swirling around in it as I sighed heavily.

  Relief flooded my body just as the last group of students finished their presentation and ended it on a light note. Everyone began packing up as the lesson came to an end, much to my pleasure. As I began packing up, I received a text from Esmeralda, asking me to come into her school and teach a couple of lessons for the rest of the evening. I let out a small groan, before pushing myself to text her back saying yes.

  As I walked down the corridors, I passed the area where the art students were setting up their works. My eyes immediately landed on Harry, speaking to one of his students with a tight frown on his face. He looked like he was scolding the student, as per usual. Instead of approaching him like I wanted to, I kept walking quickly, hoping he wouldn't notice, and luckily he didn't.

   "In order to be able to use your powers effectively, you need to control your emotions. You need to be calm and focused, and have a clear mind," I spoke out loud as I paced back and forth in front of the class. "If you're ever in a situation where you need to use your powers to defend yourself, the first step is to remain calm and focused. You won't get anywhere if your mind is in a state of panic and hysteria."

   "But Miss Everett!" A voice spoke up loudly, along with a hand shooting up. My eyes landed on the new girl who had just arrived to New Orleans about a week ago from Jordan.

   "Yes Mona?" I nodded.

   "I heard that sometimes when you're in a situation where you're panicking and you're scared, your powers can be triggered, but not in the way you want it to be done so," she said, her voice hesitant but growing confident as I nodded along to every word of her sentence.

   "Yes of course. In some cases if you have many talents and not just a few, it is possible for emotion to be a trigger for certain powers. For example, when I get extremely angry at something, the buildings shake and lights start flickering. Your emotions can't exactly trigger specific powers, but they can have an impact on them."

   "Yeah but you're the 7th Supreme, of course whatever you feel will be transferred in the form of your powers or just magic," Rosita said in an obvious tone.