October 6, 2013

October 6, 2013

Niall's POV

I got Jackie's ninth letter today. Opening my door I put all the mail down except for the letter. I took off my shoes and continued into the living room. I just went to dinner with Uncle Simon and the lads to talk about tours and other things. I opened my laptop and logged onto twitter. I opened Jackie's letter and began to read it.

Dear Niall,

I know it's stupid of me to ask you questions because you'll never answer them.

I have a huge bruise on the side of my face for now. We're playing football in gym, American football. One of the guys chucked the ball right at my face. I didn't think to catch it, or dodge it. I have a feeling it wasn't an accident, because he's one of the boys that bully me. I looked at my face and I don't think the bruise is going anywhere anytime soon.

I feel like I need to update you on this. Since I first wrote to you I'v cut a little over 19 times. I think I do it because I feel numb. I feel like I need something to tell me I'm still alive.

Love always,
Jackie

I went into my DM's on twitter and clicked on Jackie's name. I quickly typed up something to send to her.

"I would love to answer your questions if you put an actual return address on the letters..."

I made sure it sent then looked around on twitter. Just the usual things. I don't understand though how she feels numb. I'v never experienced it so I can't say anything. Nineteen. A little over nineteen times. That makes me wonder how many times in all she's done it.