January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014

Jackie's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I got up unwillingly. I looked over and Evan was still fast asleep. I unpacked last night, and I got to talk to Evan for awhile before he had to go into work. We mainly just talking about home, our high school, and stuff like that. Him being from the city, and me being from the country we had a lot to talk about. I grabbed a change of clothes and a towel. I don't mind walking through the hall in my pajamas. I got to the girls shower room and there were five stalls on each side of the big bathroom. I went into the one on the far end, seeing as that was the only one open.

When I was done I got changed into dark jeans, and a black spaghetti strap tank top. I brushed my teeth, hair, scrunched my long hair to make it even more wavy, then walked back to my room. I left it unlocked when I left so I just walked in. Evan looks like he had just gotten up, granted I was probably gone for almost an hour, he probably did just wake up.

"Morning." He groans.

"Hm." I mumble back. My eyes aren't fully open, and all I want to do is lay back down and sleep for another six or so hours.

"Your not a morning person ether?"

"Not really." He smiled a bit, then ran a hand through his hair. He got some clothes out, then turned around to look at me. He looked down at my arms then back up to me. I looked down and forgot that I wasn't wearing my sweatshirt or a long sleeved shirt. I quickly tried to cover up my arms, as if it wasn't already obvious. I hope he doesn't bring it up.

"I'm going to take a shower. Want to walk to first with me?"

"Sure." He nodded then left. That reminds me, I haven't read Naill's letter yet. I got it out of my small backpack I brought. I filled it with envelopes, paper, stamps, and pens. I ripped it open and read it.

He's too cute. I got out a piece of paper and wrote him back.

Dear Niall,

I love my college! It's amazing, and it's huge! I'm sharing a room with a guy named Evan. He's so nice. We have every class together, except for one. At least now I will know someone in my classes.

I'm waiting for him to get back from taking a shower so we can walk to first together.

I won't be able to write you every day like normal. It's an hour drive from my college to the post office. I'll be able to send a letter almost every other day.

I hope I can meet you too...

Love always,
Jackie

Just as I was folding it Evan walked in. He looked at the paper in my hands.

"What's that?" He asked putting his clothes away. His hair was wet and messy. It looked hot though.

"I have kind of a pen pal." I answered stuffing it into an envelope. I'll put the address on it later. He nodded. He looked down at my arms again. Shit. He didn't look away this time though. After a few more seconds of just staring at my arms he just turned away. I quickly got up and pulled my grey Adirondack sweatshirt over my head.

"Ready?" I asked him.

"Ya just a second." He grabbed a pencil then handed one to me. "You'll need it." He stuffed something in his pocket I cound't quite see. "Ready." We walked out and I locked our door. We walked to Studio Art in silence.

-

A bell rung for lunch. I went back to our room. In the crowd I had lost Evan. I started searching for my wallet when the door opened.