October 8, 2014

October 8, 2014

Jackie's POV

The past two months have been pretty boring without Niall here. The big house seemed too quiet and too big at ties. Other times it seemed to be just what I needed. A big quiet house with nobody here. Just me and my thoughts. My thoughts and I alone is sometimes a good thing, but sometimes my thoughts consume me and get the best of me.

I cut almost daily now. I started like that about a week after Niall left. I spent most of my time in my bed. Too lazy to get up, too depressed to get up. Today is different though, Niall said he's coming home today. Well to his home, my temporary living space. I honestly do still have a crush on Niall. A faint knock sounded on the door. I thought he had a key? I got up, exited to see him. I opened the door to a bit of a surprise. There was a thirteen year old girl.

"Um, hi." I just stood there looking down at her. She's short for her age. Or maybe I'm just tall.

"Where's Niall?" She sounded rushed.

"He's not here right now. May I ask who you are?"

"I'll answer that right after you tell me who you are." She crossed her arms.

"I'm a friend of Niall's. Now, who are you?"

"Uh, I'v known Niall for awhile now." I looked down at the camera in her hand.

"Why do you have a camera then?" I asked pointing to the black hunk of plastic in her hand.

"Ok. Fine. I'm a fan, I was wondering if he's home. I want a picture with him."

"Like I said before. He's not home right now. Goodbye, have a nice day." I smiled then closed the door. I learned my sassyness from Louis. She knocked again but I just locked the door and walked away.

A few hours later the door unlocked. I jumped up and wrapped my arms around the blond Irishmen. He laughed as he closed the door and wrapped his arms around me.

"I missed you." I mumbled.

"I missed you too. Hey I have to tell you something." He sounded really serious.

"Ok, but read this." I handed him one of the letters. I think it's the right time to give him this one.

"Is this one of the letters?" I nodded. He stuffed it in his pocket. He looked into my brown eyes and I looked into his deep blue ones. Deep blue eyes...

"Why did you do that?!" He slapped me again. His eyes were a deep blue now. They only ever look like that when he's mad. "Your just a little slut! That's probably why I catch you talking to all the guys on campus!" Another brutal hit, this time a punch. I cowered away like always. I sat there shaking in the corner as he kicked me repeatedly. I can't keep this up much longer.

I slowly backed away from Niall. My eyes must have been wild because he looked at me concerned.

"Jackie? What's wrong?" I shook my head as tears started welling up in my eyes. He took a step towards me.

"I-I can't. N-no, not again."

"What are you talking about? What's wrong?" He took another step towards me. He's close now. That's when I fell to the ground. I couldn't stop my legs from turning into jelly. I silently cried with my face in my hands. I felt Niall but his arms around me.

"Shhh it's ok. Your safe, don't be afraid." He soothed me. I still tensed at his touch though. "If you don't want to tell me it's ok." I wrapped my arms around his waist and nuzzled my face into his neck. We sat there for the longest time before I said anything.