December 25, 2014

December 25, 2014

Jackie's POV

We just got off the plane and got a cab. Niall and I said that we would give each other our presents tonight at his parents house. I held onto his hand. I'm so nervous about meeting his parents. Niall looked over at me and I just stared out the window. He squeezed my hand making me look at him.

"Are you ok?"

"Ya, I'm just really nervous. What if they don't like me? What if they see my scars and my stitches?"

"They'll love you, I promise. If they see they won't say anything. Don't be too nervous." He said squeezing my hand again. The cab stopped outside of a two story house. I stood there looking up at the little quiet house. Niall came up next to me and grabbed my hand again.

"Ready?" He asked starting to slowly walk up the driveway. I nodded and walked next to him. He knocked on the door and I felt like I was gonna puke. A bubbly short woman opened the door and wrapped her arms around Niall. He smiled and hugged her back.

"Mum, this is my girlfriend Jackie." She looked to me and went for a hug. It was a short hug, then she pulled us in. We took our jackets and boots off.

"Are Denise and Greg here yet?" Maura nodded.

"Be honest, you just want to see Theo. Their in the other room." Niall grabbed my hand and pulled me into the living room. We sat down and Greg handed Theo to Niall. I sat forward and reached around Niall and shook Greg, and Denise's hands.

"Hi, I'm Jackie. Niall's girlfriend." They smiled.

"Hi. It's nice to meet you. Whenever I talk to Niall your the only thing he ever talks about!" I'm pretty sure my cheeks are red.

"You wanna hold him?" Niall asked me.

"I'd love to." He handed him to me. I rested him on my one arm, his head supported by my hand. Holding him reminds me of holding my younger cousins. Theo is possibly the cutest baby ever. Niall smiled and took a picture of Theo and I.

I held Theo for a bit longer. I noticed his eyes are bright blue like Niall and Greg's eyes. I gave Theo back to Greg and Niall led me into the kitchen. Bobby and Maura were talking until we walked in. Niall led me over to Boddy. I guess Niall loves show and tell.

"This is my girlfriend, Jackie." I outstretched my hand for him to shake it.

"It's nice to meet you."

"Jackie... Are you the same Jackie that was sending letters to Niall?" I nodded. "If I didn't tell him to read yours first then he probably never would've gotten to them." He seemed proud of himself for doing that. I looked to Niall and you could see a faint blush on his cheeks. I linked our arms and smiled.

"I'm glad you told him to read mine first." He smiled at us.

-

Greg, Denise, and Theo left after dinner. They said they better go before it gets too cold. We're all sitting in the living room. Laughing and talking. Niall suddenly took something out of his pocket and handed it to me.

"Merry Christmas babe." He said as I opened it. It's a silver heart necklace. He took it out of the box and put it around my neck.

"Thank you Niall. It's beautiful. You know you didn't have to."

"I wanted to."

"I'm so sorry. I didn't get you anything. I have been applying for jobs but I haven't gotten any answers. I used the last of my money to make the trip to London. I was going to get you something. I feel horrible." I looked down at our linked hands. I feel so embarrassed. He put his finger under my chin to get me to look at him.

"Don't worry about it. I know you've been looking for a job. The best present I could ever get is your health, and just you. I love you." I smiled at him.

"I love you too." He pressed his soft lips to mine. All the while his parents are watching us. We separated and Niall put his hands in mine.

"So what do you mean by her health?" Maura asked. Niall looked down at me and I nodded. I trust his parents and it seems like they like me. Niall sighed.

"She used to cut." They both looked at him. Begging him to continue. "I think it was a little over a week ago. She tried to kill herself. I try not to talk about it, but I'm guessing she trusts you guys." He rubbed small circles on the back of my hand with his thumb. Maura had a really sad look on her face. To prove a point I rolled up my sleeves. I still have my stitches in.

"I'm supposed to be getting them out the second week of next month." I pushed my sleeves back down.