July 19, 2014

July 19, 2014

Jackie's POV

After what seemed like forever on that plane I got off. I remember Niall's address from when I had to write it almost every day. I got a taxi after getting my suitcase. I looked at the time on the dash bored. Ten twenty five. He should be up. I was texting him yesterday and he said he had to go to the studio for a few hours in the morning, but he's probably home now.

The taxi stopped, I paid him, then I walked up the front steps. His house looks really nice. I'm extremely skinny again and I don't want Niall to notice. Wearing my jeans and over sized hoodie I knocked on the wooden door three times and waited. Soon a guy my height with blond hair browning at the roots, and deep blue eyes answered the door.

"Hi. I'm looking for Niall Horan? He's really short with all blond hair, and piercing blue eyes. You know if he's here?"

"Haha very funny Jackie." He said sarcastically. I smiled then gave him a huge hug. When I pulled away I looked into his eyes again. I can't get enough o his eyes.

"You'v gotten taller! Your the same height as me now! I love your hair with the roots brown, you should keep it."

"Thanks, I'm thinking about it. Come in, come in." He stepped aside. I walked in and set my stuff down by the door in case I can't stay here. I sat on the black couch and he sat next to me. He was watching a soccer game on tv.

"It's not that I don't want you here, but why are you here?" He asked suddenly.

"Well I haven't been completely truthful." He raised an eyebrow at me. I continued to explain everything to him. I told him how I started getting better, then how it got worst again, then finally how I'm here. Or I should say why I'm here. "So would it be ok if I lived here with you until I find someplace?"

"Absolutely. Stay as long as you need to, I'd love the company anyway. It's too fucking quiet around here sometimes." We laughed and I gave him another hug.

"Thank you. I'v missed you so much." I mumbled into his chest.

"I'v missed you too. I'll show you the guest room if you want?" I nodded. I grabbed my stuff and followed Niall upstairs. There was a bedroom that looked like his and right across the hall there was an empty room.

"I'm putting you in the one across from me. If you need anything, anything, just tell me. Ok?" In the room was a bed, a dresser, and a desk. There are hard wood flooring, and the walls are colored white. The bed covers are black, along with the dresser. The desk is a darker colored wood.

"Ok. Niall? Would you mind helping me unpack some things? I just want some company."

Sure." He followed me in and grabbed my small backpack off the floor. He opened it and pulled out the big stack of letters from him. He smiled then continued.

"So how did you like college?" He asked pulling out the notebooks.

"I liked it a lot." I didn't dare bring up that I won't be going back next year. He pulled out another stack of letters. He flipped them over in his hands.

"What are these?" He inspected them more closely. "They're addressed to me, but not sent? There must be at least twenty five here. Why didn't you send them?"

"They're letters I wrote while I was at college. I'v never written a diary before so I wrote to you. I told you all my feelings, what happened that day, and about Evan even." I walked over to him and held out my hand for the letters.

"I know what's inside each one. When I think the time is right I'll give them to you." I promised. He nodded sadly and gave them up reluctantly.

"I just want to let you know that you can stay here as long as you want. I don't care if you stay here forever." I smiled at him before taking my clothes out and putting them away in the dresser. He always knows how to make me smile. I picked up the folder labeled Doodles and handed it to him. He looked at me questioningly.

"Look at them. I drew them for extra credit, and when I got bored." He opened it and his face lit up.

"Is this me?" He held up a portrait of himself that I did one night when I missed him. I nodded and he smiled. He continued to go through it as I unpacked. Making comments here and there about ones he liked.