December 3, 2014

December 3, 2014

Jackie's POV

It started snowing outside today. I got upset about it because I hate snow. I come from a really small town in Central New York where it snowed a lot. One year the snow was literally over my head. When your younger you love the snow. You can go outside in it, make snow angels, build forts, it was fun. Now that I'm older I hate it. It's hard to drive in, it gets way too fucking cold, and it's just a bother. The only good thing about it is snowball fights. It's childish, but I love it. It's especially fun to throw snowballs at your boyfriend. Like I'm about to do.

I'v been hiding behind the corner of the house for at lest ten minutes. Waiting for Niall to come home. He said he'd be home any minute. As soon as I heard the Range Rover roll up the driveway and the door close I came around the corner. I threw the first snowball. It hit the middle of his back. He turned around with a big smirk on his face. That's when I noticed the tree on the roof. I got really excited. He threw a snowball back at me. It hit me in the stomach.

"It's on Horan." I said in a weird voice. I started to make another snowball when someone hit me from behind. I turned around to see Liam standing there. "What the fuck! That went down my shirt!" I yelped. It's so fucking cold. "Double gangers!" I yelled at them as Liam jogged over next to Niall.

"I got your back!" I could hear Harry's smooth voice from somewhere. All of a sudden Niall and Liam got a snowball down their shirts. I laughed as they squirmed around. Harry came over to me and I gave him a high five. We entered a major snowball fight, two on two. It was fun until I started shivering. I can't stay out much longer. I gave up, and the guys brought the tree inside. I started making the tea as they got it set up. I can already smell the pine.

"Did you make tea for everyone?" Liam asked.

"Well everyone that's here." He came in and sat at the counter.

"Thank you." He said as I set the cup down in front of him. I nodded. I fixed Niall's and my tea the way we like it. Harry came in and planted a kiss on my cheek. I'v been texting him a lot, and we've become friends I guess. I don't know if he'd say that.

"Do you like the tree babe?"

"I love it. I'v never had a real tree."

"Really?" Harry asked.

"Ya. Even though I lived in the country we never had a real tree. I always wanted one though."

"What was it like having to take it down and put it up every year?" Liam asked snickering.

"A pain in the ass." I took a sip of my tea. "It wasn't one of the one where it was just three parts, it was all these separate branches, and they were color coordinated. It was hell." They laughed. "You guys all had real trees growing up?"

"Well ya, when we could afford one." Niall answered.

"Ya, My sister never wanted to take it down. Even when the thing was brown." Harry said.

"We did. My dad would go with my uncle to go pick it up." Liam said clutching his cup.

"Lucky bastards."

"Well now you have a real one." Harry commented. I smiled and we continued to dink our tea.

-

The guys left earlier. I put the lights on earlier while Niall went downstairs to get some ornaments. By the time he came back up all the lights were on. We started putting the garland on. He wrapped it around me trying to be cute.

"Can you unwrap me?"

"Hmmm, no." He smirked.

"And why not?"

"I want a kiss."

"I would give you one anyway." It was my turn to smirk now. He came closer and pressed his lips against mine. When we pulled apart he unwrapped me and finished putting it on the tree. We put the medium sized round ornaments on. "Do you get a tree every year?"

"Before you, no. I would always go home, so I didn't have a need for one. I just thought it'd be fun to do one with you this year."

"It is fun." I kissed his cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too." He hugged me from behind as I put the last ornament on the tree. This Christmas might just be the best one yet.