Chapter 2: It wasn't that hard

Naeun's P.O.V.

I got off the van after Eunji-unni. I looked around nervously. The usual shouting. The usual crowd of fans holding up signs and banners.

I heard "2PM-oppa", "Beast-oppa" and "Bangtan Sonyedan-oppa". Nothing unusual. The news went out yesterday. Everyone should already know by now. After everyone got off, we walked to the entrance of the building. And then it began.

The shouting. I still remember it. It was so loud I almost wasn't able to understand what was being said. But I didn't have to. I already knew. I knew how many fangirls he had and how selfish I was for wanting him all to myself.
Bomi-unni grabbed my hand. I didn't realize how I automatically stared to the ground. I almost felt the tears. I looked up and tried to smile. I just kept my head up following Bomi-unni and tried to ignore all the comments that were scaring me from both sides.

"Are you okay?" Eunji-unni asked me inside.
I just nodded. I didn't want her to comfort me. Then I would really cry.
Eunji-unni nodded understanding and we went to our waiting room.
I felt like everyone in the hall was staring at us. I avoided looking at their faces. Hayoung-ah opened the door to our waiting room and we went inside.

Was it okay to cry now?
But I shouldn't. I really shouldn't.
I already did my make-up.

Suddenly I heard Chorong-unni gasp loudly.
"Naeun-ah!" She tugged my shirt.
"What is it?" I tried to hold my tears and looked up.

And there he was: the reason I endured this moment, these feelings and all the painful moments which were to come - Lee Taemin.
He was standing there like every girl's Prince Charming with a huge bouquet of red roses.
And that sight, his presence, made me remember that I myself decided to endure all this hardship because I wanted him for myself. Because I wanted everyone to know that he's mine and I'm his.

"Naeun-ah" he said sounding apologetic. His handsome face looked sad while he made me so happy calling my name.
I ran to him and hugged him close. He put the roses on the table next to him and held me.

"It's okay" I said while finally letting my tears go. I pressed my face against his shoulder.
"I'm okay. I knew the consequences of my actions and I decided to bear with them, because, after I enduring all these hardships, things will be..." I struggled with finishing my sentence.
"will be the way I wish them to be." I said first fast and then slowly.

"Was it very hard?" he asked

He didn't wait for my answer and mumbled,"I'm sorry"

"It wasn't that hard." I said and we both knew I was lying.
"I'm sorry" he said again.

I wonder if this was also how Krystal-sunbaenim felt after it was officially announced tht she was dating Jongin-sunbaenim.
And I wonder if Lee Minho-shi also cheered up Suzy-sunbaenim like this.
I hope so. I hope every girl would have a boyfriend who'd clear his schedule for her when she's sad.

"I'm sorry, Naeun-ah, but I have to go back. We have a meeting later." He slowly pulled out of the hug.
"Of course." I tried to wipe my tears with my sleeve but Oppa stopped me. "Wait, that's your stage outfit, right?"
He wiped my tears with his sleeve.
I felt my heart beating loudly.
"I'm sorry, I cried too much."
And that wasn't my stage outfit.

"Don't worry. Do your best. You have to look happy. You're happy that you're dating me, right?"
I smiled. "Of course!"
He put on a black cap and glasses as well as a sign which read "staff". So that's how he got in.

Taemin's P.O.V.
"How did it go?" Key-hyung asked. He looked at my sleeve.
"Oh, she cried. Well, it is hard. This is our first dating scandal since Jonghyun went out with Shin Se-kyung-shi back in 2013. That was also big news..."

"What was also big news?" Jonghyun-hyung asked as he entered the room.
"Nothing" Key-hyung said.
"I don't mind, guys. Se-kyung-ah and I broke up years ago. "

"But you've been writing with her again lately" Minho-hyung said "I saw your phone!"
"We're just friends" Jonghyun-hyung said.

"Yeah right" Key-hyung scoffed "nobody can be friends with their ex. Everybody says that but that's just not possible. Either you ignore each other or you're getting back together."

"Yeah sure, love guru" Jonghyun-hyung talked back "we're only friends."
"Nonono, you can't just suddenly stop seeing her as a woman. If something triggered it, it's not possible to reset it again."

Our managers came in and we sat down at the table.
"So this is about your next album" our main manager said.

"But before that we should discuss the matter about Taemin's dating scandal. So, it's about you, so you should also give your opinion. How do you want to proceed?"

What I was going to say now might determine how this scandal will go and how other people will perceive us. I opened my mouth to speak.