Chapter 28: I promised

I chose this picture because Taemin's in Japan right now and I just had to laugh so much after I saw the pictures from the press conferenceㅋㅋ

Naeun's P.O.V

The callback tone played and I had to laugh at the fact that oppa was using 'Bubibu' as my callback tone.

(A/N: I find those so cute. I wish our phones would also play chosen songs when calling someone in Europe. That's way better than just hearing 'Beeeeep - Beeeeep - Beeeeep - Beeeeep' >. <)

"Yeoboseyo?" A guy picked up oppa's phone.
"Um...hello. Did you by chance find this phone? I'm the owner of this phone," I said because I didn't want to go through the hassle of explaining my relationship to the phone's owner.

Silence.

"Naeunie? Is that you?" a familiar voice asked.
"Yes. Who... is this?"
"It's me, Park Jaemin. Your boyfriend forgot his phone when we met up but I wasn't sure whether it really was him who left it behind. On the other side it has a lock code so I can't just go and check."
"Yeah, he loses his phone often. That's why his hyungs told him to set a password."

"Ah, I see. Then will you come and pick it up?"
I thought about oppa's request for me not to see Jaemin-ah. But there's no reason to get jealous. I just needed to retrieve his phone.

"Sure. I can drop by the university quickly tomorrow and pick it up."
"Tomorrow is a little...how about Tuesday? I only have morning classes. If you come after that, we can get coffee as well."
"Ah, coffee? Well... I'll probably just pick up the phone. I'm kind of busy," I excused myself.

"Just come to the cafe across the street at the University. If you can, stay," he tried to persuade me.
"Um...okay but I don't think I'll be able to," I answered vaguely.
.
.
.
"Naeunie!" Jaemin-ah called me and waved.
"Please keep your voice down," I hushed him as I panicky rushed over to his table while I tried not to look up.

"Why? What's wrong?"
"Um...I don't want to be catch people's attention in public. I don't really want to be in tomorrow's issue of Dispatch or any other news outlet."

"It's not like you can't have friends, Naeun-ah."
"News outlets don't care about that. If people see me meeting with a guy alone, it won't look good for me, even if we're just friends and not going out or anything like that," I clarified.

I didn't want my company to need to to go through the hassle of explaining my relationship to Jaemin-ah.

"Naeunie. I wanted to talk about that with you."
"About what?" I said although I already knew he meant my last sentence. "I'm sorry, Jaemin-ah, I have to go now," I said, quickly grabbed oppa's phone on the table and practically ran out of the cafe.

"Wait!"
I heard Jaemin-ah's voice behind me but I pretended not to have heard him and kept going. I promised.

"Naeunie!"
I knew what he wanted to talk about. I kept walking even though he was my friend. I knew I was being a horrible friend but oppa trusted me to keep my word. I promised him.

"Naeunie!"
I didn't say 'I promise' but I can't go against what I said after I shut oppa up so adamantly.

"Naeun-ah!" Jaemin-ah called me louder than the last times and put his hand on my shoulder at the same time to keep me from running.

I abruptly came to a halt and turned around just as abruptly only to stand face to face with him. He had just called me 'Naeun-ah', not 'Naeunie' like he usually did. He purposely called me by the name my boyfriend called me by all of a sudden. It was only a change of two letters but I suddenly felt like shouting at him.

Jaemin-ah looked relieved but frowned at the sour expression on my face.

"I - I have something to tell you," he continued nonetheless.
"I know," I said but still hoped I was wrong. "I don't want to hear it. This might sound petty of me but I want you to keep it to yourself until my boyfriend comes back from Japan."

"He already knows."
"What?"
"Your boyfriend already knows what I want to tell you. I told him I'll get my chance. I'm going to tell you now."

"He told me not to hear it," I said and nervously eyed Jaemin-ah's hand on my shoulder and then the people who were starting to eye us curiously.
I hoped my hood was enough to keep my face hidden.

"I guessed he told you to do so."
"If you know, then please don't say any more," I said and felt the stares I was receiving increase.

"He's not going to let me even when he's back."
"Then that's fine. This might be unreasonable of me but I don't want to hear you out. I'm sorry," I tried to say demanding but ended up saying it softly.
"That's selfish of him to just force his wish onto you," Jaemin-ah remarked.

No, it was selfish of me. I was hurting Jaemin-ah not because oppa told me to do so but because I didn't want oppa to worry, because I wanted to do this.

I didn't manage to look Jaemin-ah in the eye as I answered, "It might have beeen his selfish wish but it became my selfish action the moment I started following it.

I know he's not going to be mad whether I follow his wish or not but I want to because I care about his opinion the most, because I care about his feelings and his well-being and our relationship's well-being the most. And if not meeting someone, will ensure that, then I'm willing to do it."

"That's ridiculous," Jaemin-ah shouted. "You can't stop meeting all your friends just because of one guy!"

"It's not," I answered and finally looked up at Jaemin-ah.
"If your girlfriend asked you not to meet that girl or those girls, you would do that. So please don't make me be a bad girlfriend!" I said half desperately and half angrily like Yina-ya had that evening.

His hand immediately left my shoulder and he took a step back, just like me surprised at the amount of anger my voice could carry.

"I'm sorry, Jaemin-ah," I said softly. "But Taemin-oppa is the only one I want to hear such words from."

With that I quickly ran escaping from the eyes of the many onlookers who had gathered by now hoping that there wouldn't be any news outlets reporting about me or online rumors spreading this incident tomorrow or the day after.

So here's the next chapter....to be honest I have no idea where I'm going right now but I guess I'll just go with what feels right (:
Better than not moving at all, I guess (??)
And thank you, to the one person who already read chapter 27 in the time I edited this chapter^^
I don't know who you are but yhank you so much for immediately checking out my new chapter, silent reader^^
Makes me feel appreciated...ㅠㅠ

I know that somebody is definitely reading my stories (where else do the reads come from :3) but it still feels funny to know that xD

Goodnight. Sleep tight^^