Chapter 7: Coward

Taemin's P.O.V

We exited the elevator and walked till the end of the hallway.

Naeun-ah opened the white door to a practice room where a young boy group of seven was practicing.

Some of them stopped instantly and bowed as they realized that their sunbae had come in. There were two who didn't see us and just kept on dancing until they almost bumped into their members who had stopped.

"Yah! Subin-ah, what are you doing?" one of them shouted at his member. The other one grabbed him by the shoulders and turned him around. Seeing us he bowed deeply "I'm sorry, sunbaenim! Please excuse my behavior!"

"It's alright, don't worry about it" I said and smiled.
I bowed a little "Hello I'm Lee Taemin."
"Yes, this is our hoobae group Victon" Naeun-ah introduced the boys.
"Annyeong haseyo, sunbaenim!" The boys greeted and bowed deeply.

We sat down in a circle and Naeun-ah explained why she brought me here "Yes, well they're our label's first boy group so there might be some questions you just can't or don't want to ask us girls. That's why I brought a boy group member here."

I was touched how much she cared about her hoobaes although I would've preferred it if she had told me about the plan.

"Yes, you can ask me anything and I'll answer any..." I stopped and rephrased what I was going to say "I'll try to answer anything!"
"Oh, you're being honest, oppa?" Naeun-ah teased me and smirked cutely.
"You're so cute right now" I said and smiled. Then I realized there were people listening right now but before the awkward atmosphere could continue the door opened and Key-hyung and Eunji-shi came in holding hands.

"Sorry, we're late but here's someone else you can ask" Eunji-shi said in her usual open way as they headed to sit in our circle.

(A/N: what Victon asked and everything is going to be a secret for now but if you want to read about that and/or have questions or scenes that should definitely be included just comment here and I'll do an extra chapter or something for that some time^.^)

"So, what's there between you and Eunji-shi?" I asked Key-hyung as he drove us back to the dorm where manager-hyung was supposed to take me.
"What do you mean what's there?" Key-hyung scoffed and made his usual 'what-the-heck-are-you-talking-about"-face.
But the next second he started grinning and spilled the beans "I think we might get together."

I laughed at how silly he was acting as if there was nothing at first.

"But Taeminie" he said and his voice was serious "we're not considering getting together right now because it hasn't been that long since your and Naeunie's scandal yet and we can't afford to damage our reputation more in any way. Be it positive or negative."

"You mean you can't be together because of us? And what about dating secretly?"

"I think we're considering that a bit more but not really. Like I said we can't afford to be caught."

"I understand your point of view but I just can't stand the thought that you can't date Eunji-shi because of me."

"It's not really like that, Taeminie. It's not because of you. It's just better to be friends right now. We can still spend time together. If Eunji-ya and I were dating we wouldn't be that different in public. We can meet up, it's just better to meet up as friends right now."

"But don't you like her? And doesn't she like you too? So where's the problem if you say it's only a title."

"It's not just a title, Taeminie. It's just more convenient because I don't want to sort out my feelings and our relationship right now, so remaining as friends is the best choice."

"Aren't you just running away?"

Key-hyung opened his mouth to answer but didn't as we arrived and he focused on parking the car.

I waited for a few minutes wondering whether he was going to answer my question.
In the end I gave up waiting and got off the car.

"I am" Key-hyung almost whispered as I closed the door.

Key's P.O.V

"But I think that's better for us right now" I said when the door was already closed and Taeminie long gone. Maybe I'm wrong and Eunji-ya's just waiting for me.

Suddenly my phone rang and I opened a message I'd received.

Taeminie: Coward

That rascal. Well, he was right.