Chapter 25: I Smile

Naeun's P.O.V

I was really curious what oppa had gotten Jaemin-ah. He didn't know him after all and I was actually impressed he had thought of a present. He could be really forgetful at times and he was probably also busy with all the responsibilities he had at the end of the year.

He put a shopping bag, which I thought he had kept his belongings in the whole time, on the table.
"I'm not sure it will fit your taste," oppa said and apologized for not wrapping the present.

Everyone watched excitedly as Jaemin-ah took his time to get the gray piece of clothing out. It was a simple, long cardigan but had a stylish cut and had some black pattern on the sleeves which made it stand out a little more. I had to admit that it looked really cool.
I think Jaemin-ah was also impressed by oppa's taste in clothing.

"Whoa, as expected this was picked by a celebrity!" Junhyuk-shi exclaimed and I had to laugh.
"It looks great," Kyunghee-shi agreed, "it's different than the clothes you usually wear but I think it will look good on you."

Jaemin-ah stood up and tried the cardigan on. Kyunghee-shi was right.
It was simple but it my as well have been something oppa bought to help his stylist with his stage outfit. Now that I think about it, it really did resemble a stage outfit made out of casual clothes.

"Where did you find this? It looks casual but also special!" Everyone fawned over the cardigan and the girls were already asking oppa to help them with their clothes.

He was busy chatting with everyone and I was once again amazed what an impact oppa could make on people.

The food came and we all kept on chatting and the mood was just great. It felt like oppa and I had become an ordinary college couple out at a normal gathering with our alumni.
I felt happy that the people in this room didn't care about our celebrity status at all and talked and joked with us like they would with any other people.
.
.
.
"Should we go for karaoke now?" Minji asked after we had finished eating.
We looked at each other and everybody nodded.

I stood up and put my coat on but failed with the task of putting my right arm in the sleeve.
"Here," oppa said and I felt him hold up the right side of my coat to help me put it on.
"Gomawo," I thanked him and smiled to myself.

"It's those little gestures which make a girl's heart flutter, right?" Yina-ya smirked.
I didn't answer, instead I looked at the ground embarrassed she had managed to read my mind precisely.

After Yina-ya and Junhyuk-shi paid for the food (since they didn't bring a present) we headed for the nearest noraebang and got a room.

We started off with a fun song where everybody could sing and then decided to take turns in choosing.
Everybody urged oppa and me to sing but we both declined.
To be completely honest I wanted him to sing a song. For me. But since he didn't want to sing I decided not to urge him.
.
.
.
"Look at her! She wants you to sing!" Yina-ya shouted at oppa after a few bottles of beer.
"Is that true, Naeun-ah? Do you actually want me to sing?" Oppa asked me with a smile tucking at his lips.

"N-not really...," I denied and looked down embarrassed for auch a silly wish. If I want to hear his voice I can just open my phone and play one of his songs.

"Tell me, Naeun-ah," he teased me further and put an arm around my shoulders.
He was already laughing by the time I looked up at him and pouted.
"You're too cute," he said and pecked my nose which made me blush furiously.

"Quit flirting, you lovebirds!" Yina-ya yelled at us.
"We're not flirting!" I yelled back but I knew my face was betraying me.

Everybody in the room was looking at us and smiling mischievously and I just wanted to sink into the ground and escape from the stress and the embarrassment.
"J-jaemin-ah, why don't you sign something?" I requested trying to divert the attention.