*Chapter 14: I want to show you every inch of me

Naeun's P.O.V

"Hayoung-ah, why were you and Minho-sunbae following us today?" I finally asked Hayoung-ah at the dorm in the evening.
"What do you mean? Minho-shi and I were at the cinema..."she trailed off and her eyes wandered making her lies clear.

She sighed and pulled me to sit on her bed. She looked me directly in the eyes.
"Do you like Taemin-sunbae?" she asked bluntly.
"Y..yes" I answered hesitating again.
"Do you want to be his girlfriend?" she asked me.
"Yes" I answered truthfully.
"I knew that. So why won't you tell him?"
"I don't know. I just started to fall in love with him recently and I don't know what he thinks and...I'm scared. I'm scared what we have right now might be destroyed later on."

"There's nothing to destroy right now!" I heard Eunji-unni shout.
The door opened and revealed all Apink members overhearing our conversation.

I was too confused by Eunji-unni's words to be mad at them.
"What do you mean by that?"
"I'll be truthful, Naeunie" Eunji-unni said while caressing my hair "just like you said things just started with Taemin-sunbae. And you might destroy a possible friendship and be sad about it later but I know that if you don't try that risk you'll definitely regret it later!"
.
.
.
I thought about what Eunji-unni had said. I rolled over and looked at the clock on the nightstand. 12:30.
Suddenly my phone which was set on mute lit up. The sudden bright light blinded my eyes and I could only see that someone was calling me.
I couldn't sleep anyway, so I grabbed my phone and stepped out of my room.

I looked at the screen. Oppa-ya. Should I pick up? I can't make my decision yet. But he doesn't know what Eunji-unni said.
While I debated what I should so my phone stopped ringing and instead a text message popped up.

Oppa-ya: Naeun-ah, I want to talk with you about something. Do you have time tomorrow?

I tapped on his contact and debated whether I should call back. I can't meet him tomorrow since we were going to take a look at some demos for our new album tomorrow.

I can just leave a text message, right?
Just when I was about to close his contact someone pressed the call button from behind. I turned my head abruptly abruptly saw Namjoo-ya disappearing into our room again.
"You can thank me later" she whispered as she closed the door.

"Naeun-ah? Yeoboseyo?" Oppa's voice came out of the phone.
"Oppa. You said you wanted to talk? I can't meet up tomorrow because I have something to do."
"But you're awake now, right? I'm sorry but can you come to that park near your apartment? I'm there right now and I can't wait anymore. I know it's really selfish to ask that of you but..." he sounded desperate like he needed me to come and before I could think my tongue already spilled the words.
"I'll be right there. Wait for me."

The same moment I ran out the front door not caring who was going to see or hear me.
I walked fast ly. The streets were dark and scarier than usual. Some cars were driving by and I regretted running out in my pajamas but at least I put proper shoes on.

The park was empty beside a drunkard sleeping on the bench at the main entrance. I ran to the center and saw a hooded figure on the left path.

"What are you doing not even putting on a jacket, Naeun-ah? I know I said I needed to talk now but I wouldn't have died if you had taken five more minutes to change. Mid-april isn't the warm season yet."

He took off his pullover and put it on me leaving him in only a blue and black striped t-shirt.

He smiled at me and this damn street lamp emphasized this drama like scene. He looked at me with an adoring look. Then he breathed in deeply like he was preparing himself to talk.

"I love you, Naeun-ah" he finally said and his smile grew even wider.
"I just started loving you recently and I know you also feel something for me although I don't know what it is yet. I'm not asking you to be my girlfriend or give me an answer right now. I want to take you on dates. I want to show you what I would be like if I ever was to be your boyfriend. I want to show you what dating me would be like. And when you're ready and know exactly what being with me would be like, let's make us official. Not to the public I mean, just our friends and family and maybe company. But I want to show you every inch of me in the future and today I just wanted you to know with that intentions I would... do so" he squeezed out the last words as if they almost got stuck in his throat and he was afraid they wouldn't come out if he didn't force them out now.

Every sentence of his long speech whirled through my head looking for a place to help me Form an answer. But that was too much for my brain to handle.

"I'm sorry. I overwhelmed you, right?" Oppa asked but he smiled happily while saying that.
"You just need to focus on one thing right now: Do you want to take my offer? Do you want to get to know me now with the knowledge what I am planning for us?"

My head was still spinning but I decided to focus on the last question only.
"I would like that. Please court me." I said with a shy smile.

After that oppa drove me home although it was only a block away. Before sending me off he pressed a quick kiss on my forehead.
"If I'll court you seriously well end up together no matter what, Naeun-ah. Trust me." He said and got into his car but waited till I got into the elevator before he drove away.

'I know.' I thought to myself. 'I trust that.'

This scene took longer than I had intended it to be but that's it and wow I'm really in writer's mood right now publishing one chapter just after I finished the other.