Chapter 15: ajubeoni

Naeun's P.O.V

"And you can probably guess the rest yourself. As expected I fell for him and we started dating soon after." I ended my story.

"I see. Well, it's still a pretty love story" Soo-young-ah said "your fans would love to know that."

"My fans?" I said and scoffed. I suddenly realized what I had just done.

"No, that's not what I meant. I love my fans. I love the people who support me. There's just a big change right now. I always knew that all the people who are at one time my supporters won't always be on my side but right now I'm just feeling that more than ever right now and..."

I stopped talking as a tear ran down my face. I was so busy explaining myself that I didn't realize how sad what I said made me.

Soo-young-ah looked at me pitifully and took me in her arms.
"Shh, it's okay Naeun-ah. You don't have to say anything. I understand what you mean."

I slumped down in her arms and cried my heart out finally releasing the pressure which had built up since the dating news got released.

Oppa had always had a lot of fans and a lot of possessive fans at that and it was already bad when we were on WGM but back then it wasn't that bad because I could confidently say that it didn't matter since it didn't.
But now I couldn't say that anymore. Now I wanted people to see me fit to be Lee Taemin's girlfriend.

"I can't understand those people. It was only a show but now he's mine. He's mine. I get that they're unhappy but why won't they acknowledge that?" I said the darkest words in my heart only for my friend Soo-young to hear.
.
.
.
"Hey, Naeun-ah?"
"What is it, oppa?" I asked.

We were at SHINee's dorm with warm tea. I looked outside the window.
The weather was cold and dark but Christmas lights filled the darkness with light, colors and warmth.

"Are you busy during Christmas time?" Oppa asked me.
"Ani, I might have one or two shoots because we're releasing a christmas album but the recording is mostly done and I should be free."
"Then, would you mind having dinner with my family sometime soon?"
"What?!" I stared at him like he had asked me to marry him out of the blue. Not that I wouldn't want to marry him but it would be sudden and... anyway, I was very surprised.

"Well, we're always busy and I realized that I haven't introduced you to my family yet, so..."
"S-sure" I said.
"I'll have to do it sooner or later anyway" I mumbled to myself.
"What did you say?"
"N-nothing" I said and saw him text probably his family happily already while I had cold shivers running down my spine.
.
.
.
"It's so cold!" Eunji-unni complained and grimaced as we walked down the icy street.

"The department store isn't that far anymore" I said.
"What are we doing there anyway? Why do you want to go shopping all of a sudden? If you drag me to go shopping our of the blue, at least tell me what were buying!"

"Alright, I got it. Actually I'm meeting oppa's family soon. I still need to buy a present for them."
"What? You're meeting his family? You two are that serious?" She looked at me smugly and nudged me with her elbow playfully.

I didn't answer and just kept walking.
Finally I could see the department store further down the street and Eunji-unni got excited by the sight of it and started dragging me there.
"Come on, we're going to a department store to buy a real fancy present for your to-be-in-laws!" She said while going into the building as confident as she walked on the red carpet.
.
.
.
He parked the car in front of a townhouse.
As soon as we got ot of the car the front door opened and a woman in her early fifties came out to greet us.
She hugged oppa tightly and then came over to me.