Chapter 23: I've already dated before!

Taemin's P.O.V

"Naeun-ah, you did well" I said to her when we met in the hallway.
"Thanks, are you going to perform now?" She asked.
"I'm not performing yet but I have to get ready soon." I answered.
"I thought you're performing last at Gayo Daejejun." Naeun-ah said.
"I am. It's the time laps special right now, so we'll perform Ring Ding Dong first."

"Naeun-ah!" Chorong-shi called her.
"I'm coming, unnie! I'll see you later, oppa!"
"Sure" I said and smiled.
As she turned to go I quickly grabbed her arm, "Wait, will you be at KBS tomorrow as well?"
She nodded and I let her go when Chorong-shi called for her again.
.
. (I actually have no idea in what order the end of the year shows are being held. I'll just arrange them somehow.)
.
"Naeun-ah!" I called her glad we managed to bump into each other.
"Oppa" she said and bowed quickly when she saw Jimin-ah beside me.
He smiled and also bowed to her.

"Are you on your way to soon perform again?" She recalled our last encounter.
I nodded with a laugh and looked at her.
She looked tired but that was normal during this time. The end of the year and the beginning of the new year is the busiest time for us artist as there will be many TV appearances to make.

"How are you?" I asked and put my hand on her cheek softly while I grabbed her hand with my other hand.
"I'm fine" she said and smiled.

She looked over my shoulder hesitantly and then back at me with an awkward smile.
My gaze wandered behind me where Jimin-ah was still standing.

"I know I'm making things awkward by standing here but if I arrive without you it will be even more awkward for me considering that we told the stage crew we were together when they called us." He justified his presence but had to laugh at his own reasoning.

I also broke out in laughter, "Nobody blamed you. Just bear with it for five minutes. We can go then."
"I never complained" he said and grinned. He then leaned on the wall next to him trying to look cool.

"Do you have any work on New year's day?" I asked Naeun-ah.
"No, gladly not" she answered, "and also none after that. What about you?"
"I do and I also have to go to Japan for a few weeks shortly after" I said and sighed, "so the 2nd is the only day I'm free. Do you want to meet on that day?"

"I would love to" she said excitedly but then put on a disappointed face, "but I can't. My friend Jaemin-ah is going to celebrate his birthday on that day. And it wouldn't be nice to cancel on him."

"Jaemin?" To be honest I didn't like how close she was with this guy. I know she has many close male friends like the boys of BtoB and I absolutely didn't mind but I just couldn't get along with the thought of that guy I met there as her friend.
I really didn't want her with him without me.

"Is it the same party of people as last time?" I asked.
She nodded, "Mostly."
"Can I... come too?" I asked her.
"Um, I just don't want you drunk again and I'd just like to meet your friends, I guess. Of course, you can decline if you feel uncomfortable with me coming."

"No, not at all!" Her face lit up. "I absolutely want to meet with you somewhere other than the hallway of an end of year showcase before you're gone for some time, so that would be perfect." She said and smiled.
"I'm sure you'll get along with them. They're all really nice!"

"Alright, then I'll pick you up. Text me the time" I said and waved as she disappeared down the hallway.

"You just invited yourself to her friend's birthday party?" Jimin-ah questioned while we started walking to the stage again.
"I'm just worried about her. And I don't think it's bad to get to know new people from time to time." I justified my actions.
"You, the antisocial guy who almost never takes an opportunity to leave the house, aren't very convincing." Jimin-ah pointed out.
I sighed. This guy knows me too well. I had a close circle of friends but this circle doesn't get to expand often.

"What's the real reason you're going?"
"It's really because I'm worried. One, for Naeun-ah but she won't be as reckless as last time. Second, that guy whose party it is. I just don't feel good about him."
"I thought they're friends."
"I met him once. The way he looked at Naeun-ah. And the way he looked at me made me anxious. I don't want him near Naeun-ah when I'm not there."

"What do you mean? You're probably just imagining something."
"Maybe. But if not I need to make sure he doesn't make a move on her or something."
"Well, too bad you'll be gone to Japan soon." He reminded me of my unfortunate circumstances.

"You don't need to worry" he said as soon as he saw my worried face, "I don't know her that well but Naeun-sunbaenim would definitely not cheat on you."
Of course she wouldn't. But she's not the one I doubt. You wouldn't understand, Jiminie." I said and ruffled his hair playfully.
"What do you mean? I've already dated before, hyung!" He protested while he tried to get his hair to go back to how it's supposed to be.
"Sure, you did" I said slightly amused and stopped him from touching his hair because he was only making it worse and his stylist was going to fix it anyway.

"I really did!" He protested again but had to focus now that we arrived at the stage and had to get ready for our performance.

I calmed down and focused on the vibe of the songs we were going to perform.
I warmed up my voice and stretched. After that I put on the mic and waited for my turn while my stylist touched up my make-up for the last time.

"Taemin-shi, please get ready now" someone called me. I looked at Jimin-ah who was led somewhere else and he gave me a determined look which I answered with a nod.

I followed a worker to my starting spot.
I slowly breathed in and out and cleared my head while I waited for the platform to be lifted up.

I absolutely don't want to be a writer in the future! Why? Because like all people who write I get the most inspiration when I'm supposed to sleep.

I had no idea what to name the chapter. If someone finds something better, please tell me 'cause I don't know...

I just corrected some grammar mistakes and realized that Apink is BTS's sunbae, so I changed the way Jimin addressed Naeun xD