Epilogue, Part 7: good or bad thing

Would be nice if you read the author's note at the end. Or just the last paragraph. I actually only care about the last two paragraphs

Taemin's P.O.V

"To our Taeminie's wedding!" Jongin-ah shouted and the others cheered in agreement and clinked their glasses.

The other customers all stared at us but it wasn't like we weren't used to the stares. No matter how casually we dressed or how old we got we would always be noticeable

"I can't believe you're getting married already!" Jongin-ah exclaimed.
"Well, we're not going to be twenty forever," I smiled softly.
"Of course we aren't. All of us are in our thirties already."
"I'm just glad you're all here," I smiled at my friends who I had all gotten to know in my twenties and who witnessed my whole relationship.

"It's too bad Jimin isn't here," Sungwoon-ah said and took a sip if his drink.
"It can't be helped. Jongin-ah was also only discharged recently."
"Why must he be so young?" Ravi complained.
"If he was only a little younger we wouldn't be facing this problem right now," Jongin-ah complained.

"It's fine. He'll be there for the wedding," I reminded them.
"Too bad for him he won't be best man," Jongin-ah said while he took a sip of his glass.

"Don't act so nonchalantly," Moonkyu gave back. "I'm sure you're just as sad yourself that you lost that position."
"It can't be helped. Isn't best man normally someone who's single anyway?"

"But Jonghyun-shi has a girlfriend," Ravi remarked.
"Yeah, I didn't know a best man is supposed to be single. I just chose him because he helped me a lot during my relationship," I explained.

"You act as if I never help you," Jongin-ah whined to me.
"Of course you do," I soothed him. "But Jonghyun-hyung's advice is actually helpful!"
All of them laughed while Jongin-ah sighed and rolled his eyes but in the end he joined our laughter as well.

We continued eating, drinking and joking around leisurely until the first of us started slurring and we decided it was time to head home.

"I'll bring him home," Sungwoon-ah promised while he supported Moonkyu who was barely still standing.
"I'll drive you guys. You also drank quite an amount," Ravi warned Sungwoon-ah.
The younger rolled his eyes but accepted the offer. After a quick goodbye they got into Ravi's car and drove off.

Jongin-ah put his arm around me and without a word we started walking silently agreeing that it was too early to end the night.

We arrived at the Han river after a short walk but with my impending marriage I recognized a special spot we reached as soon as we stood near the water.

"Do you remember? Almost ten years ago you fell in love with Naeun-shi right here at this spot. I can't believe you're getting married now."

"Of course I remember. The question is 'why do you remember?'" I laughed. "You know, if I planned to come back here I would have wanted to come with Naeun-ah, not you."

"Way to appreciate your best friend," he looked at me annoyed but brushed it off playfully. "I still can't believe you're getting married. Engagement was one thing. That was half a year ago anyway and back then the date for the wedding wasn't even set. It cod have been half a year but also a year or even two years. But now that you're actually one month away from the actual thing I'm realizing how real this is."

"I can't believe it's happening either. Even the marriage registration didn't feel very real but I guess that's because it was so fast and I was in a daze the whole time anyway."

"Right, marriage registration. I would have thought you'd call me to be a witness, hyung! Now who replaced me?" he whined again.

"Oh right, I didn't tell you yet. We actually forgot about registering our marriage until someone mentioned it!"
"You forgot about it?" Jongin-ah asked dumbfounded.

"Yeah, in the midst of all the wedding preparations it kind of slipped my mind..."
"That's so like you, hyung!" he laughed obnoxiously. "Remind me not to forget that when I get married!"

I nodded in agreement. Although he was laughing while saying that I was sure he would appreciate a reminder seeing as he could be just as forgetful as me.

"Well, it'll probably take while before you get to remind me of that," Jongin-ah sighed.
"It's not bad getting married late," I comforted him.

"You can tell me whether I should hurry up or it can still wait after you've gotten married, whether it's a good or bad thing," he decided.
"It's not like my whole life is changing after this. I'll still be a singer and I'll still be your best friend and Naeun-ah will still be the only girl I'll be looking at."

"You're so sappy sometimes," he complained immediately ignoring the whole point and just hearing what he wanted.
"You'll also be like this when you've decided on the one for you," I warned him.

"Maybe I'll be," he smiled. "Guess I just haven't met her yet."
"Or you haven't realized she's the one. I worked with Naeun-ah for half a year and still didn't realize she's the one."

"You could have gotten married way earlier," he said covering his mouth with his hands in faked surprise.
"I would have still had to enlist!" I reminded him.
"Good thing that's behind us now," he laughed.

I really want to end this story. Like now. I take so long to write a chapter and that's annoying me. But I only have like four, at maximum maybe five or six, more chapters planned so I'll pull though and finish as soon as possible💪

I'd actually like to finish this story before fall break so I can get through senior year without the reminder of a story I'm writing weighing in my neck.

But knowing me I'll probably give up my resistance and start a new story. I actually have two ideas but I can't do two at once because I'm occupied enough with one😰

And I'm not even sure whether anyone would read those...Although in the end I just write what I want anyway. But if you're interested in hearing my rants about my ideas just dm me or comment I guess.

To have a hint of an idea:
1)Winner story, with focus on Nam Taehyun and
2)NCT story, bxb
Or if you'd comment whether you'd read any of this just a comment would be nice as well