Chapter 22: There's no other reason, right?

Taemin's P.O.V

"What are you doing today?" I asked Naeun-ah over the phone.
"I'm just meeting some friends." She answered.
"Kang Yi-na?" I asked but I was actually thinking about the guy I met at the Christmas party. Her classmate from back then.
"Yes, her. Actually all the people from the Christmas party. They're all in the same major and they invited me to visit them after class."

"I see. Say, Naeun-ah, that guy who was with you then. Your friend."
"Ah...Jaemin-ah."
"Yes, him. You're really close right?"
"What do you mean? Yes, we are."
"I don't really like him."
"He's really nice. You'll know once you get to know him."
"I know. He's your friend. It's just... I wish you wouldn't meet up with him too much"

I didn't know how to put it in words. He was her friend but still... I had a suspicion I didn't want to voice. A suspicion I didn't want to be true.

Naeun's P.O.V

"Naeun-ah!" Yina-ya called me and waved.
"Be quiet!" I said after I had run to her.
"Ah, I know, I know. You're a celebrity so you can't afford to be recognized in public and be the cause of a commotion."
"I-it's not like I'm actually that famous anywaz!" I denied although what she said was true.
"Yeah sure" She said and smirked and dragged me to the school building.
Annyeong" I greeted everyone as I came in in the room and recognized most of the people from the Christmas party.
"I'm sorry I left early" I said, "Did you all get home safely?"
"Yeah, to be honest, Jaemin-ah made sure everybody got home safe" one of the guys answered and scratched the back of his head embarrassed.
"That's so like him." I said and smiled at him.
"Did you get home safely?" Jaemin-ah asked me.
"Yes, I was brought home." I said.
"Yeah, I met him when he came" Jaemin-ah said and looked me in the eyes intently, "Your boyfriend."

"By the way, why are you guys even here? It's the 28th. Do you actually have classes between Christmas and New Year's?"
"No, we don't but we're kind of lacking material regarding our group project, so there's no other way to do that." Yina-ya explained and laughed.
"Oh, is it really okay for me to be here then?" I asked worried.
"Yeah, we'll go out to lunch now and continue then" Jaemin-ah said and smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back.

"By the way, Naeunie, do you have time on New year's day?" Jaemin-ah said on the way to lunch outside of the school because the school cafeteria was closed since there were no classes.
I thought about it. Was I going to spend it with Oppa? Or with the Apink members? Or my family? Or would I have to work?"

"I'm not sure yet" I answered truthfully, "why are you asking?"
"You do remember my birthday, right?"
"I do. It's in two days. But I'm sorry, I have to work. There's an end of year showcase on that day."
"What about the second?" Jaemin-ah said, "I was thinking about when to celebrate my birthday but everyone's probably going home on the 31st. Do you have time on the 2nd?"
"I probably do" I said after hesitating for a bit.

"That's great. Then that's done"
"Then you should tell the others" I said.
"What? Tell who?" Jaemin-ah asked confused.
"The others. You said you wanted to celebrate on the 2nd because they would all be going home before that."
"Ah right" he said and went to talk to the others but I was still wondering why he looked confused for a second there.
The others are the reason he postponed, right? There's no other reason, right?

I'm sorry it took me so long to update and one so short when I managed to (>-<). First of all, I lacked creativity but secondly, I was dumb enough to accidentally delete all my memos which means I also deleted my files for the story so I had to try to remember them and search them up online again....(-_-;)

But anyways, thank you so much for the comments the last few chapters. I feel so happy every time there's just one more^.^ but of course I also appreciate all the ghost readers xD I'm one of them myself

And since I haven't been able to figure out how to credit someone I'll just give my thanks to milxna here because she's helped me with the scenarios and she inspires and supports me greatly as a person, a reader and a friend^^