Chapter 20: I'm Naeun's boyfriend

Taemin's P.O.V

"I have no idea where she is" I whined at Onew-hyung who was the only person home.

"You sound like you saw a fly" he laughed.
"I mean it, hyung. I'm worried!" I whined even more and gave him an angry stare upset that he actually dared to joke about my mortal enemy.

"Did you call her?" Hyung finally asked me seriously.
"I've caller her three times."
"Do you know where she went?"
"A party. I don't know where."
"Do you know any of the people she went with?"
"Yina. Shin Yina!"
"Do you have Shin Yina's number?"
"No."
He laughed at me again.
"Hyung~!"
"Araseo. Call the Apink members and ask whether they know anything while I keep calling Naeun-ah."
"Thanks hyung, you're the best" I said relieved he had thought of a reasonable solution.

Shortly after I managed to get Shin Yina's number from Namjoo-shi and called Naeun's friend.
"Yeobo~seyo?" A clearly drunk girl's voice answered the phone.
"Am I talking to Shin Yina?" I asked.
"Yes, Shin Yina speaking!" She wailed, "but who are you?"
"I'm Naeun's boyfriend. I want to pick Naeun up. Where are you?"
"Lee Taemin?!" She shouted
"Yes, please tell me where you are. I'm worried about Naeun-ah."
"Jaemin-sunbae, where are we right now?" Shin Yina asked Jaemin-sunbae.
"Shima Noraebang at Myeongdong Station." Jaemin-sunbae who sounded pretty sober provided.

"Thanks" I said and started running as soon as I got the information.
"Wait!" Onew-hyung stopped me. "Aren't you taking your car?" He asked and held up my keys.
"No, I know it's risky but I'm taking the subway. The traffic is only worse on Christmas eve."
"The take this" Onew-hyung said and tossed me a face mask and a hoodie.
I thanked him and wore them.

"Taeminie!" Onew-hyung called again just when I was about to head out again.
"What now, hyung?" I whined.
He tossed me another face mask and a cap.
"Naeun-ah is also a celebrity."
I thanked him again and finally left the apartment.

I found Shima Noraebang right across the South exit of Myeongdong Station and went inside.

"Um...Im with a group of students. They're already here" I told the woman at the front desk.
"Who reserved the room?" She asked.
"I think it was Shin Yina." I said and hoped she had reserved the room.
The woman looked through her customer list but shook her head signaling that there was no Shin Yina there.
I thought about it. Naeun-ah didn't mention any names but...

"Jaemin!" I called out, "Someone named Jaemin!"
She looked at her list again and suddenly I remembered a name Naeun-ah had told me.
"Park Jaemin! His name is Park Jaemin."

"Yes, there are 7 people and they're in room 14" the woman said and pointed down a hallway.
I thanked her and went directly to room 14.

I found it quickly and opened the door to find 7 college students more or less drunk. And among them on a sofa almost passed out Naeun-ah.
A guy was next to her and trying to get her to drink some water.

"Naeun-ah, let's go home" I said as soon as I stood in front of her.
"Oppa~" she recognized me.
"Yes, it's me." I put my arm around her waist and pulled her up.
"Wait" the guy said and stood up.
"Ah, Park Jaemin-shi" I said and looked at him but he was only looking at Naeun-ah. I could see that he was reluctant to let her go.

"Thank you for taking care of Naeun-ah. I'm taking her home now."
Park Jaemin looked at me closely and slowly nodded.
"Yes, I assume you're Lee Taemin-shi"
"Yes, I'm Naeun's boyfriend" I answered what he was actually asking.
He looked at Naeun-ah but her eyes were barely open.

I looked at him one last time before I guided Naeun-ah out the door.
Outside I put the face mask on Naeun-ah when he door suddenly opened and Park Jaemin came out.

"Lee Taemin-shi" he said, "here is Naeunie's coat."
He gave me her gray coat. I thanked him. This was Naeun's friend from middle school.

Naeun-ah would probably like it if I got along with this guy.
I sighed. "Wait" I stopped him before he went inside the room again.
"You can call me just Taemin."
"Alright, Taemin-shi" he said and his gaze said 'I'm still not giving up'.

I put the coat on Naeun-ah and led her outside. There I called a taxi. Taking the subway with the two of us and her drunk was too dangerous. Who know what kind of articles would be printed tomorrow if someone saw us.

After we got back to my dorm I led her inside but she was already asleep by the time we reached the apartment.

I took her coat and shoes of and decided that a pullover and jeans were fine to sleep in for one night, so I let her sleep like that on my bed and laid down next to her.