Chapter 21: I didn't get her pregnant

Naeun's P.O.V

I stirred awake once again due to the sunlight shining through the window.
I groaned at the constant knocking in my head and winced as I felt my tummy churn.

Just then oppa came in and saw that I was awake. He was on the phone but still gave me a kiss on my hair.
He stroked my hair while he continued talking and I was slightly distracted from the aching in my tummy and the oppressive feeling in my head.

"No, it's just that Naeun-ah isn't feeling so good. I'm sorry, we'll come next time, eomma."
I looked up at him. Right, we had planned to visit his parents today.
I felt kind of bad but I knew that I had a bad hangover and I definitely wouldn't want to meet his parents in this state.

"No, it's not very serious." oppa continued and looked at me as if he was asking me something, "She just has a bad tummy ache. It'll probably be gone soon. Naeun-ah just doesn't feel well."
That was not a lie.

"Eomma no!" Oppa shouted and his face turned pale as I wondered what his mother had said.
"No, I'm sure I didn't get her pregnant!" Oppa shouted at the phone while I started blushing wildly.

"No, she's just feeling unwell and I want to take care of her.
Yes, see you soon.
I love you too" oppa ended the call and looked at me.
While my face was as red as a tomato his face on the other hand was as white as a blank piece of paper.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.
"Um...my tummy keeps churning and it feels like someone keeps knocking on my head" I explained.
He simply nodded.

"I'm sorry I'm causing trouble" I said "Because of me you can't see your family on Christmas."
"Don't worry" he reassured me, "I can visit them some other time. We'll just spend a comfortable relaxing day here."

"Do you by any chance remember anything?" He asked hesitantly.
I thought about it.
"I went to the party Yina-ya and Jaemin-ah invited me to. We went to a restaurant. There I talked with a girl named Minji. Then we went to karaoke. And I drank a few."
Just then my tummy had to make itself noticeable again and I grimaced.
"Maybe I drank more than a few."

He laughed and kissed me on the head again.
"Change into something comfortable and brush your teeth" he said as he headed for the door, "then come to the dining room. I made some soup."
"You made some soup?"
"I watched Onew-hyung make some soup and I cut the onions" oppa admitted and I laughed.

I slowly got out of the bed and grabbed my toothbrush and some clothes out of the drawer where I kept my things at oppa's.

I then headed to the bathroom and greeted Onew-sunbae and Jonghyun-shi on the way.
I changed my clothes and brushed my teeth thoroughly because I could still taste the alcohol in my mouth.

Then I went to the dining room and slumped down on a chair.
"How are you feeling, Naeun-shi?" Jonghyun-shi asked me.
"Um...not so well to be honest" I admitted.
"Thought so" he laughed.
I looked at him confused.
"You were quite out of it when Taeminie brought you here yesterday."
I blushed at the thought that I might have done something stupid.

"Did you pick me up yesterday?" I asked oppa although his answer was already clear.
He nodded because his hands were occupied by the task of putting a bowl of soup in front of me.

"I don't remember but thank you" I said and looked at my soup guiltily.
"It's fine. I told you I'd pick you up right?"
"Yes, but I didn't call you. I caused you a lot of trouble, right?"
"No not at all" he smiled at me sweetly but a muffled laugh diverted my attention.

I looked at Onew-sunbae who was sitting across from me.
"You should have seen him yesterday, Naeun-ah" he said.
"It's nothing" oppa interrupted.

"Did I inconvenience you?" I asked.
"It's okay" Onew-sunbae said, "a boyfriend should at least do that much."
"What did I do?" I asked.
"Nothing. Nothing. It was nothing at all." Oppa insisted.
I looked at Onew-sunbae for help.
"Taeminie was walking around the apartment sick worried about where you were and why you weren't picking up." he laughed.

"Thank you so much, oppa" I looked up at him.
"I said it's fine" he said calmly and kissed me on my head for the third time this morning but I could tell he was slightly embarrassed by what Onew-sunbae had said.
I was feeling guilty but on the other side I was also kinda happy about how worried he was about me.

Although it was selfish of me I hoped that he would care about me more and more till I was the only thing he card about. Or at least what he cared about the most.
But for now I'll keep this selfish wish of mine to myself because he has other responsibilities to attend to as well.

And I'll admit that although I fell in love with him because of his personality I probably never would have met him if this wasn't his job and if he wasn't SHINee's Lee Taemin.

I'm on a roll lately. I've never published so many chapters in such a short amount of time.
I know the chapter title is misleading. Actually it's not.
Well, anyway I guess this is to make up for the long time I didn't publish anything and the (possible) time to come where I will also write in turtle-speed.