Chapter 36: a feeling

Naeun's P.O.V

"It's just a feeling but it felt like she simply didn't like me," I finished my explanation as to why I was so quiet today.

"Minji-shi? I don't really know but doesn't she like Jaemin?"
"What?"
"Jaemin. She likes him, doesn't she?"
"She does?" I stuttered surprised.

"Who knows. It's just a feeling as well. It just felt like that," oppa offered the same explanation. "Well, a feeling isn't very accurate but it's something I'll believe if you tell me about it."
I smiled at his cheesy comment, "Thank you. That means a lot to me."

"By the way, have you seen your photos from the airport?" I tried to change the topic.
"You look at those?" oppa laughed.
"Only at yours," I promised.
"You look great," I told him while I still browsed through his pictures.

Suddenly a picture caught my attention. Amidst oppa's pictures was a photo of a car. Although blurry the car was clearly focused on the girl sitting on the car's driver's seat.

'Apink's Naeun driving SHINee's Taemin to the airport'. Well, it was just a photo. For some reason I was glad nobody realized that wasn't my car.

"Speaking of airport," oppa started saying. "Do you have anywhere you want to go? The earlier we book our flight and hotel the better although we're quite late already."

"Hmm... how about Spain?" I laughed.
"Are you talking about when we didn't get to go back when we did 'We Got Married'?" he laughed as well.
"Sure I am," I giggled.
"Well, why don't we do that?" he suggested.

Taemin's P.O.V

"I'd like that," she agreed and I could literally hear the smile in her voice.
.
.
.
"Our album is out!" Minho-hyung shouted and jumped around the room excitedly while staring at his phone.

"We know. We recorded that album," Kibum-hyung reminded him. "When will you stop getting so excited every time we release an album?"
He rolled his eyes playfully but smiled at Minho-hyung's childlike antics.

"Should we listen to this newly released album?" Minho-hyung asked enthusiastically with a look begging for a yes.

"We've been listening to that album for the past ten days!" Kibum-hyung complained but Jonghyun-hyung nodded prompting Minho-hyung to connect his phone with the stereo system and play our title track.

"Then we should celebrate the release of our album with some food and drinks!" Minho-hyung announced.
"Call. Food and drinks always sounds good," Kibum-hyung agreed.

"Don't drink too much. Tomorrow's your first concert," our manager reminded us.
"We'll keep that in mind," Jinki-hyung promised but had already dialed the number of the delivery service.

Manager-hyung shook his head but chose not to say anything simply hoping for Jinki-hyung to keep his word.
.
.
.
"Eat up!" Jinki-hyung commanded as he set down the food. "Starting from tomorrow there will be less to no breaks so you should charge your energy!"

"These are the few times when you feel really leader-like," Minho-hyung said. "When holding a speech before we eat or toast."

We all laughed and started to open the food wrappings while Jinki-hyung opened bottles of alcohol for us.

"But it's true, we won't be able to return to Korea for a while," Jonghyun-hyung remarked.
"When can we even get back again?" Minho-hyung asked.
"At the end of February. After the concert on the 17th there are two weeks till the next concert," I replied.

"What? Did you already book your flight? Do you miss her already?" Kibum-hyung mocked me.
"So what if he does. You could have a girlfriend of your own," Minho-hyung defended me.
"Ugh, all these lovesick bastards," Kibum-hyung commented and rolled his eyes yet again.

"Actually I checked because there's a friend I'm going to see when we get back," I explained.
"What friend?" Jinki-hyung asked.
"A new friend. He's enlisting and I promised to see him off."

"Enlistment, huh?" Jinki-hyung sighed.
"We'll have to do it anyway sooner or later," Jonghyun-hyung reminded him but sighed as well.

"It's okay. The important thing is that we all stay together even after our military service!" Minho-hyung said seriously and I assumed he was getting a little drink already because he sounded a little like Yunho-hyung.

Jinki-hyung seemed to share my opinion as he took the beer can Minho-hyung was holding from him, "I think he had enough for tonight. We have to be in a good condition tomorrow."

This was a really short chapter. I just decided that it was a good place to end this chapter and announce that there will be a lot of and huge time skips the next few chapters, so be prepared for that