Epilogue, Part 2: I want to be groomsman

Naeun's P.O.V

"Alright, now we've got fourty minutes to get to the restaurant to meet our parents," oppa announced as we walked out of Key-oppa's and Eunji-unni's apartment.

"Just enough time to get into a traffic jam," I joked.
"Don't say that or we might actually get into one!"

We didn't get into a traffic jam but both our parents did and arrived 20 minutes later. But at one point everyone was seated at the table and our families congratulated us on our upcoming wedding.

"But it's really time that you two get married. After all you have been going out for almost ten years already!" Naeun-ah's mother said.
"That's true, you should have manned up and asked Naeun-ah right after you got back from the military!" My mother supported her in blaming me.

"I was just too busy with starting my career again and the likes," I defended myself.
"Do you call that an explanation? The only things needed for a wedding are a bright and a groom and you had everything right before your nose!" our parents continued scolding me. "And if it's money, then you could have asked us. Besides, you have worked for 15 years now! You should have more than enough of that!"

"Don't worry, eomma, appa, abeonim, eomeonim. I don't mind at all. And we're getting married now. That's what counts," Naeun-ah tried to soothe our parents. "We should talk about wedding preparations instead!"

She handed out the wedding invitations to our parents who finally stopped harassing me and instead took to admiring the invitations' designs.

"And are you going to have a traditional wedding as well or just a church wedding?" Naeun-ah's mom asked.

"We decided not to have a traditional ceremony. We're not really attached to that tradition and it will only cost more money and time as well. The celebrations after the church wedding will last long enough with a lot of guests," I explained.

Our mothers had a slightly sour look on their faces but didn't say anything while our fathers nodded their heads in agreement.

"Then, how are the preparations going?" my mother asked. "I see you've booked a venue and you're sending out the invitations."

And then all the questions came flooding, "Have you decided on the groomsmen and bridesmaids? Have you bought the rings? Is the wedding dress ready? Have you registered your wedding? Did you look for a wedding planner? Or are you doing everything yourself? Do you have anything special planned? Like maybe balloons or maybe flowers for the guests? Or a special ride like a carriage with horses? Who is attending?"

We were a bit overwhelmed at the stream of questions and waited for them to finish before we actually answered.

"Well, we just started with the preparations. We bought the rings yesterday and we're going to meet our friends soon to ask them to help," Naeun-ah answered a few questions she could remember.

"About a wedding planner...We're looking for one right now," I responded. "It would be better to have one. We still have to work ourselves and can't really spend all our time planning the wedding and it's also our first time so it's safer to look for professional help."

Our mothers nodded and immediately thought about recommendations from cousins, uncles and aunts or acquaintances who had married not too long ago.

"Then, even if it's not a traditional wedding, as the bride's and groom's mothers we should wear a hanbok, right?" my mom asked Naeun-ah's mom.
"Of course we should!" she agreed and they started exchanging their ideas of colors, designs and material.

I guess in the end everyone likes weddings. I smiled at Naeun-ah and she smiled back at me.

Suddenly my phone vibrated and I quickly checked the text I got.
Jongin-ah: Sure, next week is fine. Do you have anything to tell us?
Jongin-ah: Sounds important, especially since we're even meeting at a café instead of outside like we usually do
Moonkyu: Well, what do you think? His company announced half a year ago that he's going to get married in the following month
Moonkyu: What else should this be about?
Moonkyu: Wait, aren't you from SM? Shouldn't you know better?
Jiminie: I'm sorry, I can't come, I'm not in the country right now🙀
Sungwoon-ah: Then you'll have to give up your dream of being best man
Jiminie: No! I asked first! I asked like half a year ago! No, I want to be groomsman!
Jiminie: I should at least be allowed that when I'm still single!!!!

"They're energetic as ever," Naeun-ah commented peaking at my screen.
"I simply can't decide who to make best man," I sighed.

"So popular?" She joked.
"Not really but there are many people who would care. Like my friends but also my members and of course my brother."

"Shouldn't we normally look for people who are single so they can hook up?" Naeun-ah joked.
"That could also be a condition."

"Just let them decide. They'll come to a conclusion. And if not you can think about it then," she laughed.
I agreed with her and laughed along deciding that I could still think about that till I actually had to meet those idiots.

Who will be Taemin's groomsmen and who Naeun's bridesmaids? Who knows, I myself don't know either😅 but drop suggestions😄 if anyone actually comments anything, I'll  go with that

Also, if you have any ideas for the wedding, be sure to comment those, I'll try my best to incorporate your wishes!

Also if there's anything else, don't feel shy to comment or write me a message😊