Chapter 9: Do you regret it?

Naeun's P.O.V

It's been more than two weeks since that drunk call which only I remember. Eunji-unni told me she was going to meet Key-sunbae today. To talk things through. To set their relationship straight and to figure out what to do now and why.

Oppa was here and we were watching a movie with Chorong-unni, Hayoung-ah and Minho-shi.

As we were picking out a new movie to watch the door opened and Key-sunbae and Eunji-unni came in. They weren't holding hands like before but Key-sunbae was carrying Eunji-unni's jacket.

We all stared at them expectantly everyone wanting to ask the same questions. But nobody asked.
"What are you all doing?" Key-sunbae said trying to lighten the mood.

Nobody answered.
"Araseo" he gave up trying to change the topic after we just kept staring. He looked at Eunji-unni and she nodded.

"We decided to remain as friends for the time being." He said.
"Because it's more convenient?" Oppa asked straightforwardly.
"Yes" Eunji-unni said and gave us her usual bright smile but I think everybody saw that it wasn't as bright as usual.

I looked at Oppa who was looking at Minho-shi who was signaling him that they should go for now. Oppa nodded and noticed that I had seen their silent conversation. I squeezed his hand shortly and stood up. We walked the three guests to the door and said goodbye to them.

Taemin's P.O.V

"Do you regret it?" I asked as soon as we got in the car.

Minho-hyung chuckled.
"Yes" Key-hyung said "but it's better right now. We're going to focus on our respective careers for now."

"I think it's good you talked about it and she knows about your feelings now." I said.

Key-hyung only nodded. The rest of the drive remained silent.

We arrived at the dorm and got in the elevator.
"Just ask if there's anything you want to know" Minho-hyung read my thoughts.
I looked at him thankful.
"Are you going to get together in the future?" I asked Key-hyung.
He smiled lightly "Maybe. Probably."

I nodded, satisfied I got an answer.

"What did Eunji-shi say?" I asked Naeun-ah on the phone.
"Regarding what?"
"Regarding Key-hyung! That's the only thing we've been talking about the whole time!" I said and laughed.
"She said they'll be friends for now. And he really said they're going to get together in the future?"
"Yeah, he said 'Maybe. Probably.'"
"Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see."

"Yeah, by the way, I won't be able to make any time the next few weeks because we're preparing an album."
"Ah, but you promised to give me a tour around SM Town!" She complained cutely.
"I got it. I didn't forget, I'll call you as soon as there's more time."
"Promise?" She asked cutely.
"I promise" I replied smiling.

Naeun's P.O.V

"So he hasn't contacted you for four weeks already?"
"Three weeks and 5 days."
"That's almost four weeks. And four weeks is almost a month."
My friend Soo-young and I were sitting in her room and eating watermelon.

"He didn't call you at all?"
"Well, he called me on Monday to congratulate me about the album release and we talked for a bit but that's it."

"Right, aren't you going on M!Countdow today?"

"No, we're going on Music Bank tomorrow instead."

"I see. Good luck!" she said and smiled.

"By the way Naeun-ah..."

"Yes? What is it, unni?"

"You never told me how the two of you got together. I can guess where you met first but if I remember correctly you didn't get together right away back then."

"Back then I never would have thought that we'd be going out one day."

"Why? Didn't you get closer during We Got Married? I know it's staged but you still spend time together. You do get to know each other."

"Yeah, We Got Married is staged as the scenarios are planned and I have to admit I was quite sad when he only treated me like a colleague and nothing more back then. It was appreciated if we contacted each other in our free time so we did but I think he only did it because of the show."

"Then did he call you 'Naeun-shi' off-screen?"
"No he still called me 'Naeun-ah'"

"Alright, so you weren't close during WGM-filming. What about after that? Did you keep in contact?"

I laughed dryly.
"Not at all."

Sorry I took so long to update and sorry it's so short and sorry it's ending like that😅
I promise the next chapter will be longer so please be patient and look forward to a huge flashback ;)

And for those who are wondering who Soo-young is, it's supposed to be Nana.