Epilogue, Side Story 1: I won't cry

Taemin's P.O.V

"Call me when you can!" she demanded. She looked as if she was going to cry but she tried her best not to.

Despite my request for a quiet enlistment and the effort not to publish my enlistment date there was still a small crowd holding up banners and posters showing my name and face that came to watch and see me off.

The other recruits arriving were all glancing at the crowd frowning but nodded in understanding as soon as they spotted me and Naeun-ah. Some grimaced at the girls dramatically crying and calling out my name.

I simply ignored them and focused on the matter at hand: my girlfriend in my arms who was on the verge of tears.

"You don't have to force yourself. I'd be honored if you cry for me," I told her.
"But it's not like you're going away forever," she complained. "I won't cry! I know I'll see you again. Soon! It's not like you're gone forever. You'll have breaks sometimes and this won't last forever but this degree of separation still hurts!"

I smiled at this stubborn girl, "I'm proud of you for trying your best not to cry," I praised her and patted her head.
She let out a sob but didn't let any tear escape.
I kissed her on her forehead one last time.

I looked at the gate wondering when the right time to go would be.
"Don't forget me!" she demanded in a whiney tone.
"I won't," I promised softly.

"Don't let any other guys near you," I demanded in return.
"Never," she promised sincerely.

"When I'm back I'll properly ask you to stay with me forever," I vowed.
"I can still leave you even after we get married," she laughed loosening the tension.

"Oh, well then we don't have to get married," I said in a joking tone.
"No no, don't. Please marry me!" she exclaimed shocked by my suggestion.
"Are you proposing to me?" I teased her.
"So what if I am?" she snapped back and rolled her eyes with a pout.

"I can't be a bad maknae and get married before my hyungs," I sighed disappointed.
"Then let's wait for them," she giggled. "Let's get married when the time's right."

She looked behind me at the guard in uniform awaiting me and sighed, "Right now's not the right time."
"If we ask nicely, maybe he'll be our witness," I said jokingly motioning towards the guard with my head.
Naeun-ah slapped my shoulder lightly and laughed while she looked back to make sure he hadn't heard us.

"I'll call you as soon as I get the chance," I promised once again and went in for a quick last kiss before I marched over to the guard to get permission to go inside.

After finding my name on his list and putting a checkmark behind it he waved me though and I turned around one last time to wave at Naeun-ah which caused a loud cry of despair from the crowd.

The guy next to me rolled his eyes at me but I could only walk further up the path with him and hope he wouldn't hate me too much.
.
as I have no idea about military and am not keen on writing about it in a romance story, we'll skip whatever happens during military service (I also have no idea about enlisting or discharge whatsoever, so I apologize if anything's not right but I just don't know and just imagine everything)
.
Naeun's P.O.V

This time the crowd was bigger. I guess it was more obvious with the black van driving up and all the members of SHINee awaiting their last member to be discharged.

After I saw the crowd of fans, I had decided to remain inside the van and only glanced outside from time to time to see whether oppa had come out already.

I was definitely more confident than years before and I didn't mind going out with oppa in public from time to time but throwing myself in a crowd of fans all by myself was just asking for me to be the subject of gossip and things I didn't feel like experiencing.

So I remained in SHINee's van and waited for oppa to reunite with his members, greet his fans once again after months and come into the safety of the van where I would wait till everything was over.

I glanced outside once again and could finally make out a familiar figure walking towards the four guys running towards their youngest member and practically jumping on him, elated to finally see him again after years of separation.

He stumbled a bit and barely managed to balance all the weight suddenly asking to be carried by him but I could make out a bright smile at the sight of his hyungs, who seemed more like hyperactive puppies right now.

He pointed at their dyed hairdos and was probably stunned to see dyed hair again after months of short-cut black hair and one by one his hyungs ruffled (or tried to ruffle) what was still left of his once colorfully dyed fashionably styled hair.

After a quick discussion of hair changes they went on to their fans finally greeting them as five again and all the fans cheered enthusiastically for the princes of K-pop.

They bowed and one by one said a few words (or more) which I couldn't hear in the van. In the end they took a quick picture and were then ushered towards the van.

I saw oppa ask Minho-oppa something on the way here and his features brightened when Minho-oppa nodded and pointed towards the van while he spoke as if he was exaggerating a lot.

The door of the van opened and oppa climbed in with a victorious smirk on his face. "Did you miss me, Naeun-ah?" he asked and sat down next to me.

"Yes!" I answered without hesitation wrapping my arms around him not caring to be coy or reserved in any way.

"You're so cute when you pout," he cooed at my behavior. "And especially when you're clingy like this."
He wrapped his arms around me as well and stroked my hair softly while he planted soft kisses on the top of my right ear.

I snuggled further into his embrace glad to know he wasn't going to have to leave again in three days and ignored the whistles and shouts of "woo~" and "Get a room!" from his members while their manager didn't mind us and simply started driving.

Yes, this is one side Story I wanted to write. It might be a little chappy because I didn't really think and just wrote whatever popped up in my head at 1:30 in the morning.
Hope you still enjoy it.

By the way, I changed my username so don't be too surprised to suddenly be having notifications from a person you've never heard about😅

Now I should go to sleep. Actually I should have gone to sleep way earlier but I couldn't sleep and was suddenly overcome of a wave of creativity (initially not for this story but a new idea) and so that's why I finished this chapter.

Sleep tight, everyone. Don't stay up as late as I do and don't drink Fritz-kola if you have school tomorrow.
I swear I sleep just fine even if I drink a litre if normal come before going to bed!