Chapter 33: casual

Naeun's P.O.V

"It's nice of them to let us share one of their rooms," Eunkyung-ah's voice said.
I turned my head even though I couldn't see her in the dark anyway.

"Yeah but you don't really know anyone but me here."
"That's why I'm thankful they did," Eunkyung-ah said.
"That's true. Did you have fun tonight?" I asked her.
I heard her move slightly and figured that she had nodded.
"That's good."

"So you're going on a date with Taemin-shi tomorrow?" Eunkyung-ah asked.
"Yes, he's picking me up at 12," I said and smiled wondering what my boyfriend had planned for tomorrow.
.
.
.
I slowly opened my eyes not sure what had woken me up. I heard some chatter outside the room and realized my members hadn't woken me up for breakfast.

I didn't get up and stayed in bed a little longer not doing anything. My eyes darted to the white ceiling.
The ceiling was white but still looked different from usual. This was not the ceiling in my dorm room.
Immediately, I sat up wide awake and looked around the unfamiliar room.
Suddenly I remembered yesterday's events.

Sunlight was shining through the window and told me an important hint: It was bright. Very bright. Too bright for me to only wake up now.

My eyes darted to my phone on my nightstand but only a yellow alarm clock stood at my phone's usual spot.

It was quarter to twelve. Tuesday morning. Quarter to twelve. For the second time today I moved abruptly and literally jumped out of bed. I opened the door and ran to the shared living space where all the girls were enjoying breakfast with my boyfriend.

"Taemin-shi called you and offered to treat us to breakfast," Yina-ya explained and held up my phone while she took a bite of one of the blueberry bagels oppa usually brought when he offered to buy lunch or breakfast for me.

I nodded slowly still trying to progress the scene of my boyfriend sharing breakfast and chatting with my friends.

"Come sit down, unni," Yina-ya called me.
"No, I'll just skip breakfast. I still need to get ready," I responded and at the same time held my hands up to cover my face.

I suddenly realized I was wearing no make-up and just woke up so my hair couldn't be anything other than a mess. I felt embarrassed although it didn't matter since oppa had surprised me often enough at all ungodly times anybody would visit someone.

"You can just wear something casual so we don't catch too much attention," oppa advised me. I looked at him who was wearing simple black jeans and a gray wool cardigan not bothering to hide his hair as it was black again.

Although he tried to dress in a simple way and not to wear anything noticeable, his whole being still seemed to scream 'celebrity'.
.
.
.
"So where are we going?" I asked as we drove in his car away from the city center.

"Since you didn't eat breakfast and it's past twelve already, we could get something to eat."

"Sure, where should we go?" I asked hoping he already planned ahead and picked a less crowded place.

"I picked out a place before hand. I'm sure you'll like it!" oppa promised and smiled reassuringly at me before directing his gaze back at the street.
.
.
.
The moment we entered the restaurant I could feel all eyes on us. They staredand stared. One girl looked like she was about to get up and come over but till now nobody has moved from his place.

"Come on, we have a booth in the back," oppa said, took my hand and led me to the back of the restaurant.

But out of nowhere a young girl, probably a part-timer, stepped in front of oppa before we could escape the curious gazes of the other costumers.

I could practically see the glee in her eyes as she gazed at my boyfriend.
"Um...I made a reservation for Lee. Mrs Kim confirmed it," oppa said when the girl didn't show any signs of stepping out our way anytime soon.

"Y-yes!" she answered flustered. "P-please come this way!"
But before we could follow her, I heard fast footsteps approaching us and a girl requested excitedly, "O-oppa, c-could you please take a picture with me?"

Oppa slowly turned to look at her. It felt like he would release a long sigh the next moment but instead he smiled and nodded.
"Sure!" he answered and took the phone she held out to take the photo.
"M-me too!" another girl screeched and held out her phone as soon as the other girl left with a happy smile.

"Can you take it for us?" the girl actually asked me just like you would ask a person on the street and gave me her phone. I nod dumbfounded and took the phone.
I took a picture with some random girl and my boyfriend sporting a stiff smile.

"You didn't have to look stiff on purpose. I know you could have easily faked a genuine-looking smile if you only wanted to do it," I said as we were finally escorted to our table.
"Sure but I found that behavior unbelievable," he answered and I couldn't help but agree.

"Well, it happens," I said and looked up only to be met with a genuinely sad expression.
"Don't apologize!" I warned him.

"I'm sorry," he said despite my warning. This time it was my turn to look sad. "It's not your fault."

"When is your flight?" I tried to change the topic.
"I need to be at the airport at 6 so we still have plenty of time," he explained.
.
.
.
"So where are we going now?" I asked as we walked to the front of the restaurant to leave.
"I thought maybe you would like to go bowling?" oppa suggested.
"Bowling?" I asked suprised but found myself quite liking the idea.

"Naeun-shi?" a girl's voice called me and I turned around in wonder.
"Minji-shi!" I shouted surprised to meet her again.
"What are you doing her?"
"Well, I'm eating of course! Or more like, I'm done eating now," she laughed.

"But what did I hear? You're going bowling?" she asked.
"That sounds wonderful! Mind if we, you know, tag along?" she asked and gestured to the table she was sitting at.

"Not really. I guess it's fine," I said and turned around to get oppa's confirmation only to find him looking at something behind me with an expression as stiff as when he was taking the picture with the girl before.

I turned around in wonder only to see Minji-shi's all too familiar companion looking at us with an expression as stiff as oppa's.