Chapter 29: I wanted to... but I also didn't...

Eunji's P.O.V

'Ping' his phone alerted us that a message had arrived.
I looked at Naeun-ah who was typing away on her phone intently.

'Ping'! 'Ping'! 'Ping'! More messages arrived one after the other.

I looked at Chorong-unni and caught her worried look. I sighed and stood up. Enough was enough.

Abruptly I stood up and pried the phone out of her hands.

"Naeun-ah, talk to us. What's wrong? Please tell us," I demanded but in a soft tone.

"Unnie..."

"Please tell us, Naeun-ah," I repeated and Chorong-unni sat next to her, put her hand on Naeun-ah's shoulder comfortingly.

She looked at me, Chorong-unni and lastly Bomi and finally started talking.

"You know, last week...,"

"Which is when you started messaging Taemin-shi's phone even though his phone is at our dorm," I pointed out but Chorong-unni gave me a disapproving look and I apologized quietly.

"I met with a friend from middle school," Naeun-ah said. "I started talking to him again about a month ago and oppa and I even went to his birthday party together. But after that party oppa told me not to see that friend anymore. And probably, just like oppa assumed,... it seemed like that friend was going to confess to me."

The three of us looked at each other but didn't say anything and waited for Naeun-ah to go on.

"I stopped him before he could confess but he and the words he said as well as the whole matter itself have been weighing on my mind since then."

"Do you want to tell us what exactly he said or did in detail?" Bomi asked carefully.

Naeun-ah just shook her head and bit her lower lip while we nodded respecting her decision.

"Do you know what to do now? How to handle this situation?" Chorong-unni asked her.

She shook her head again.

"Did you not tell Taemin-shi yet?" I asked.

And again she shook her head.

"Will you tell him? Or are you planning to?"

Naeun's P.O.V

"I don't know. I do want to but for some reason I also don't want to. It'snot like I don't trust him but for some reason I don't want him to know. Weird, right?"

I wanted to tell him but I also didn't want to worry him.
I wanted him to worry but I didn't want him to be upset.
I definitely didn't want to upset him but I did kind of want to see him jealous.
I wanted him to tell me that whatever doubts Jaemin-ah had spoken about him would never be true.
And I didn't want him to have to tell me that because I should know myself that those doubts weren't oppa.
I knew it would never be true but I still had those doubts on my mind the whole time.
What a horrible girlfriend I am...

Eunji's P.O.V

"It's only good to think carefully but if you trust him, then you should tell him. Then see what his reaction is and then you can still decide whether to tell more or not," Bomi advised.

Naeun-ah nodded and looked at me.
I gave her her phone for her to call Taemin-shi.

But instead of dialing one of the Shinee members' number, she sent a message to Minho-shi instead.

Naeun: Minho-shi, can you tell Taemin-oppa to call me when there's time? I have something really important I need to talk to him about

I sighed but didn't say anything. Instead I decided to call the person she was refusing to bother myself.

"Eunji-ya! What's up?" Key-oppa greeted me immediately.

"Oppa, I need to talk to Taemin-shi," I told him.

"Alright...," Key-oppa said obviously confused but obliged to my request nonetheless.
.
.
.
Key's P.O.V

"I'm sorry. I need to go to Korea right now," Taeminie said as soon as he entered the room.

Minho looked up at him slowly and opened his mouth slightly to reply but turned to me without having said a word. He simply shrugged his shoulders and made a face as if to to say 'we should just let him go'.

It obviously had to do with Eunji-ya's phone call earlier. And if Eunji-ya felt the need to call Taeminie so he would board the next plane to Korea it must undoubtedly be an urgent matter.

Just then Jonghyun-hyung and Onew-hyung returned to the dorm.
"What's with the weird atmosphere?" Jonghyun-hyung said and laughed a little.

"Taeminie wants to go to Korea in a few," I replied and shrugged my shoulders while I copied Minho's expression from before.

"Alright, be back before the recording," Jinki-hyung casually said without any hesitation.

Taeminie looked at him surprised, "Are you not going to stop me? Or at least ask for the reason?"

"We've been together half of our lifetime, Taemin-ah. We trust you and we know you wouldn't miss work if it wasn't important. Furthermore, it's not like none of us have never had emergencies," Jinki-hyung said and Jonghyun-hyung, Minho and I decided to back the leader's opinion with a simple nod.

"Thanks so much, hyungs!"
Taeminie gratefully sighed and smiled at us widely with those eyes we could never say no to.
"I'll be back in time for the recording," he promised.

"How can you say that when the date for the recording hasn't been set yet?" I laughed.

But the ever so serious Minho took his word for it, "Don't break that promise."
"I won't," Taeminie said and smiled. "This is not the first time you're working with me. I know my responsibilities."

At that Minho lost his composure and laughed, "If we text you 'Recording starts now', will you take the next plane back?"

You might have realized by now that I don't use cliffhangers or more like: I can't writhe them 'cause I'm really bad at them and can't deal with open endings really well. I need everything to be packed and finished with a nice bow and a sparkling sticker to top it off.
So don't expect too much from me :3