Chapter 36.5: It's going to be your time soon

This is more of a side story because it's not all that relevant in the actual storyline. Kind of like the Victon chapter (which I still haven't finished >.<, I'm sorry I'll get on it as soon as I can)

Naeun's P.O.V

"Take care of yourself! Let's meet up when you're on break," oppa said and he and Jaemin-ah hugged in a friendly way.

"Sure. I'll make sure to do that," Jaemin-ah turned to me. "See you, Naeun-ah. We won't have a lot to do with each other anymore but you're still my dear friend from middle school."

I nodded simply, "You've always been important to me, Jaemin-ah."
"It's kind of ironic I get along better with the guy I used to despise. But I just feel like I can't be casual friends with you right now," Jaemin-ah said apologetic.

I smiled at him, "I'm glad you two get along."
It really was funny how well Jaemin-ah and oppa got along now.

"If you have trouble in there, you should still tell them you're friends with Apink's Naeun. They'll treat you better then," oppa joked.
Jaemin-ah laughed loudly, "Alright, I'll do that when I'm in a pinch."

Jaemin-ah looked toward the gate and smiled signaling to us that he would have to leave soon.
"Take care of yourself," oppa said again.

"Don't worry about me!" Jaemin-ah shouted. "You'll have to join me soon either way!"
With that he ran toward the entrance leaving us outside the training base where we had driven him.
.
.
.
Taemin's P.O.V

"It's true what he said, isn't it?" Naeun-ah asked after minutes of silence.
"So that's what's been weighing on your mind," I commented. "Well, sure. Someday I'll have to fulfill my duty as well."

"Is someday near?" she asked worried.
I hummed lightly thinking about what to answer, "It might be nearer than we think."

"Have you already planned when you're going?"
"Well, we did talk about it. Onew-hyung will have to go next year. Jonghyun-hyung will follow soon after. Key-hyung and Minho-hyung will go maybe a year after Jonghyun-hyung. Maybe less than a year. I agreed to go early so our hiatus won't be too long. We don't have as many members as Super Junior to promote with only half of us after all."

She snickered and I smiled as the tense atmosphere was lifted.
"I'll probably go when I'm 26 or 27. Although our group activities should be considered, the management didn't want me to go before I turn 27," I explained.

"So it's going to be your time soon as well," Naeun-ah sighed disappointed.
"What do you mean soon? That sounds as if I'm old. I'm not even 24 in normal age!" I complained jokingly trying to cheer her up.

She laughed a little at that, "That's true. And you're going to look as young and handsome when you return."

Both of us looked at each other with wide eyes as we were both surprised about her saying that without a thought.

"P-pull over. I-I'm going to drive!" Naeun-ah announced. I nodded obediently and pulled over to let her drive.

Right after she got out of the car, I stopped her shortly.
"What is it?" she asked.
I smiled at her sweetly and kissed her on her forehead swiftly, "Let's make sum memories before I go."
She nodded shyly but brightly and got into the driver's seat so we could get back to Seoul.