Chapter 40: take me shopping

Taemin's P.O.V

"So do you have anything in mind for today?" I asked Naeun-ah after breakfast and we had gotten ready.

She smiled at me as if she wanted to say something but only kept silent.
"Say it. I can't read your thoughts," I told her. Sometimes I don't get how girls think you know what they're thinking if the only hint is a smile.

She laughed lightly and finally answered, "You promised to take me shopping back in Korea."

I nodded. "Then let's look for a mall," I agreed and looked for my phone I had surely put on the night stand earlier but it was nowhere to be found.

"Have you seen my phone?" I asked her while I tried to remember where I had put it but I already I knew it was useless to think because I wouldn't know anyway.

She shook her head but thought about it and remembered, "Didn't you look at something while you were brushing your teeth earlier? Maybe you left it in the bathroom."

I couldn't remember putting it anywhere in the bathroom but went to check after all.
As always Naeun-ah knew my phone's location better than I ever will.

She giggled when I walked out of the bathroom with my phone and looked for a nearby mall.

"There's a mall only thirty minutes from here. Should we go now and just get lunch there?" I suggested and she nodded.
She looked down at the outfit she put on for breakfast earlier and walked to the door after she had confirmed her clothing suitable for our plans.

For some reason I chuckled at her superficial actions. It's not like it was a bad habit. We are celebrities after all and paying attention to our physic appearance was part of and a requirement for our work.
.
.
.
Just like the day before I held her hand and we walked through the crowd confidently side by side.

And just like yesterday nobody paid any special attention to us and it was kind of calming not to be recognized once in a while.

"Where should we go?" Naeun-ah asked.
"I don't know any of the shops here. Let's just go anywhere we find interesting," I suggested and she simply nodded.

We started walking for a while before I found a shop whose clothes looked good and I tugged her hand and motioned for her to follow me although she had no choice anyway because her hand was glued to mine.

"Insert shop name" Naeun-ah tried to read the shop's name in a questioning tone.

I pulled her to look at the dress I had seen and pulled one I assumed to be her size out to hold it to her bodyand check whether it suited her.
"I thought this would look good on you," I explained and immediately a good grin spread across her face.

"Would you like to try it on?" she simply nodded now a shy and embarrassed look on her face as she grabbed the dress quickly and stomped to the dressing room making it look like she was upset.

I followed her to the dressing room but waited in front of her door.
"Is it the right size?" I asked her.

Naeun's P.O.V

"I need one two sizes smaller," I told him and gave back the one he had given me.

"Just a second," he announced his absence and went to look for the right size.

But I was actually glad he didn't pick the right size. I don't think any girl would be glad if their boyfriend had the ability to know a girl's clothing size just by looking at them.
That would mean that he's checking out girls' bodies constantly.

Moreover my boyfriend didn't have to be knowledgeable about girls when enough girls already everything there was to know about him.

Right that moment oppa came back with the same dress in the right size this time and another outfit for me to try on as well.

I had to admit that he had a pretty good taste in clothing.
"Don't just stay in there. I wanted to see you in those clothes," he reminded me and I stepped out slowly a little shy to showcase the clothes to him.

"That dress suits you really well," he commented and I blushed.
"Do you like it?" he asked and how could I say 'no' when his eyes were sparkling as if someone had offered to treat him to meat.

We repeated the same process for the other outfit and another outfit oppa picked. Although I rejected to have him spend that much money on me, he wouldn't budge and made me try on four more outfits, which were all beautiful, until I agreed on the 8th and fifty minutes later we were standing in front of the cashier ready to pay.

I looked around carefully and realized that all eyes were on us.
I had realized we were attracting attention from the moment oppa dragged me into the store and picked out my clothes.

The other costumers and salespeople had given us adoring looks the whole time oppa picked clothing items from the rackets with careful consideration as if he was a fashion expert although he declared that was the first time he picked out clothes for anyone else but him.

I guess other boyfriends normally don't enjoy buying their girlfriend clothes they even want to pick out themselves.

But I guess other normally boyfriends weren't chart-topping and award-winning singers who earn more than enough to buy more outfits than a girl's closet could hold.

I could feel the jealous stares other girls were giving me as I had to drag my boyfriend out of the store as he was already eyeing another dress that surely wasn't for him to wear.

To be honest, I also had to suppress a small smile. It was stupid but I was happy that for once girls I didn't know we're giving me envious looks instead of grudging do resentful stares.

This chapter kins of feels like a filler. Not really relevant to the story but just happy-go-lucky and fluffy. I have to admit that the whole trip will mostly be made up of less tension and more of this fluff stuff.