Chapter 50: I love you

Naeun's P.O.V

I looked up at his face but couldn't see anything in the dark.
I couldn't help but reach out my hand and brush across the face of the man I just broke up with a few hours ago.

He had not cried but he removed his hand from my shoulder and gently layed on the back of my hand on his face.

"Don't leave me, Naeun-ah. Please," he begged and his voice shook. "I love you. I love you dearly."

I tried to think of what he said, tried to come to a logical conclusion with the information I had but my mind couldn't decide and soon my feelings took over instead and I had put my arms around his neck in a desperate hug.

Taemin's P.O.V

"I love you too. I love you so much, oppa," she breathed in my ear and even though she hadn't promised to be with me I sighed of relief and put my arms around her waist.

"I don't know whether this is good or not," she said. "I don't know what's right or wrong but right now this feeling of being loved makes me feel so weak and vulnerable but so strong and energetic at the same time."

"I want to stay by your side at least a bit longer," she confessed and right then the tears I had been holding back ran down my cheeks.

"I'm so happy," I squeaked as the tears kept multiplying.
She cradled my head like a child's and comfortingly stroked my hair.
"It's okay. I'll keep holding you like this. I'll be strong when you can't," she promised and we stayed like that for some more time.
.
.
.
"I listened to your new song," she said as soon as I opened the door to the waiting room. "It was beautiful. Was it about me?"

"Partly," I answered and went to greet her with a smile. "Partly it's about Jonghyun-hyung."

She frowned at the thought of me writing a break-up song about Jonghyun-hyung but soon laughed instead.

"Shall I break up with you every time you need to write a song?" She offered.
"Please don't. Working the next day after dropping by your dorm at three in the morning is pretty tiring," I reasoned.

She laughed at that and let me go to get ready for my stage. After I had changed my clothes and gotten my makeup done, a guy from the staff came in to tell me that it was my turn soon.

I was about to burst into laughter when he flinched a little as he saw Naeun-ah in my waiting room.
She did burst out into laughter as soon as he bowed awkwardly and closed the door.

"Alright, I have to go now. Are you coming with me?" I asked her but already expected her answer when she made no indication of standing up from her chair.

She shook her head wth a smile, "Not today. Maybe some other time but not now. There simply are some things I prefer not to do right now. It's too bad but I'll endure it in order to be able to do what I want. Enduring something is also hard to do and only possible if I'm strong enough. I can do it."

She stood up and walked over to me.
"I'll be right here waiting for you," she promised with a sweet smile and opened the door for me to go out.

I couldn't resist to steal a quick peck from her lips even though she had already opened the door.
She rolled her eyes but returned a quick kiss to my cheek making the members of Pentagon who were walking by right at that moment flinch and storm off wide-eyed right after.

"I'll be right back," I promised and went out hoping I wouldn't have to face Pentagon today.

That's kind of the ending. It's short and sorry if you don't like it but this is the ending for now. but starting from next chapter will be the epilogue which is actually the real ending so please look forward to it^^