Epilogue, Part 3: the first

Taemin's P.O.V

"Taemin-oppa, Naeun-unni, come on in!" She cheerfully waved and stepped aside so we could enter their apartment.

Hoyjin was dressed in simple jeans and a t-shirt. Her long hair fell on her shoulders softly. She was neither very attractive nor unattractive but her smile was gentle and she simply looked very ordinary like every other girl next door.

"Oppa, aren't you going to come out? They're already here!" she called to the back of the apartment and sat us down at their dining table to bring us some fruits and drinks.

We thanked her and handed over the wedding invitations she placed on top of a kitchen counter.
Finally Minho-hyung came out of one of the rooms carrying their baby.

"I'm sorry. He just wouldn't keep still and it was so difficult to change his diapers," he sighed while he cradled the baby's head who leaned into his touch.

Naeun-ah's eyes lit up as soon as she saw the toddler and asked for permission to hold him.
Minho-hyung willingly handed over the child and stretched his tired arms.

"You look so mature whenever you're holding him. I guess being a father is a huge responsibility."
"Of course it is! He still keeps us up all night!" Minho-hyung complained.

"Maybe he would be sleeping at night if you didn't let him sleep all day!" Hyojin told him and he had no choice but to apologize sheepishly.
They strangely reminded me of Kibum-hyung and Eunji.

"Well, you have it easy. You're not the one who has to work in the morning!" She complained.
"So you're not working right now?" I asked him.
"No, not really," he admitted. "I've halted all projects for now. I'll probably start again when he starts going to daycare but I'll try to adjust my schedule as much as possible."

"Well, good for our managers. After all they only get a vacation when we do."
"That's true. You work way too much, Taeminie! Your manager practically never gets a break!"
"Well, I've halted some work for now as well. I'll be busy enough with wedding preparations."

"Sure you are. You're even handing out invitations personally! I have no idea where you take that time!"
"Just the important people," I grinned at him. "I just need to meet my friends and get Jonghyun-hyung outside somehow. But I'll probably have to go to his apartment myself. There's no way that homebody will leave his home for any other purpose than work or to walk his dog."

"How about now?" Minho-hyung suggested.
I looked at my clock. 12 o clock. "He's probably sleeping after staying in his studio working on new compositions all night."

"He really is a workaholic," Minho-hyung sighed. "But we all know that his music is everything to him and that there's nothing more important or better than that."

"Although we're all musicians, I must admit that he's the most passionate about music."
"That's true. You probably shouldn't wake him yet. Maybe you can arrange to meet him some other day."
"I'm sure there'll be a chance some time."

"What about you, Hyojin?" I asked her changing the topic. "How is it to work again?"
"I'm slowly getting used to it again," she said. "But it's just office work. Nothing highly demanding."

"Office work can be very demanding!" Minho-hyung protested and held her hand protectively. "You have to take good care of yourself! And you have to tell me if anything's wrong! I'll try my best to help you."

I laughed at his concern. These two still acted like they were in their honeymoon phase. More specifically Minho-hyung still acted as if they were in their honeymoon phase but he always acted like he was in his honeymoon phase.
That was simply his character. Caring and attentive like that were his most prominent personality traits.

But his wife was put on a whole other level. He even wanted to keep working so she could look after the baby but she didn't like only being at home and wasting away her degree. And stupidly in love as he was, he couldn't refuse her any wish.

Contrary to many people's expectations he ended up dating and marrying an ordinary girl who had no connection to the entertainment industry whatsoever.

He had met her at University and surprising everyone he had married her even before entering the military only to become a father right after being discharged.

It was a huge issue back then but it's calmed down now - only for me and Kibum-hyung to raise the next issue.

But he was so brave then. After all he was the first out of our members. The first to get married. The first to have a baby. The first to have found and sealed his forever.

I smiled fondly as the baby cried out for its parent and Minho-hyung and Hyojin rushed to its side. They really made the picture perfect family everybody craved to see.

I looked at Naeun-ah to see she had the same tender smile on her face with the addition of a longing look to her eyes and I knew that just like everyone else she also craved this happiness Minho-hyung had achieved.

A rather short chapter but I'm too lazy to think up and explain Minho's whole dating history so this will have to do. Actually I had planned to write a fan-fiction about Minho and his wife but gave up the idea because it didn't seem that appealing and I wanted to focus on this story.