Chapter 27: because I get insecure

Taemin's P.O.V

"I understand."

"I know I'm being petty but... you understand?" I abruptly interrupted myself not sure whether he actually said that just now.

"Yes, I understand but I still won't give up. I didn't think Naeunie's boyfriend was such a cowardly guy. I'm going to tell her about my feelings, whether you like it or not," he stated confidently and looked me in the eyes unwavering.

I looked at him stunned. Even though he just declared his feelings for my girlfriend, I was kind of starting to like him.

"I like how honest you are," I admitted and averted my eyes to my hands in my lap. "It sounds like an excuse but as a celebrity I can't always be this honest and straightforward."

I was ashamed that I couldn't date her like a normal guy or defend her like a normal guy. This was really cowardly of me. True that. Nevertheless, I was her boyfriend. I stood up and looked at Jaemin with all seriousness.

"Nevertheless, Naeun-ah is my girlfriend. I don't care how petty or cowardly I'm being. I'm not giving another guy the chance to hit on my girlfriend. Take your chance if you can get it because I'm not giving it to you for whatever the price."

He looked up at me surprised and I think he was also starting to like me.

Naeun's P.O.V

"So what have you been doing over there?"
"Well, we just arrived four days ago so nothing major has happened. We had a little time to go sightseeing, although we've already been here more than enough. But today we started to work on the new album."

"When is it coming out?"
"Either at the end of this month or the beginning of next month."
"I'll listen to it."
"That would be great."

"By the way, Naeun-ah," oppa said and I knew what he was going to ask.
"What did you lose this time, oppa?" I asked and giggled.
"N-nothing!" he replied obviously flustered.

"But did I leave my phone at your dorm by any chance?"
"Your phone?" I frowned. "No, you didn't. Ah, is that why you called with Minho-shi's phone?"
"Yeah."
"No, you didn't but you left your earphones here."
"Well, at least one thing I found."

"You should start looking after your things, oppa!" I scolded him playfully.
"I am! It's not like I lose them on purpose!" he defended and laughed.
I could literally see his cheekbones rising and had to laugh as well.

"Alright, I'll call it and see who picks up."
"Thank you, Naeun-ah."
"No problem."

"Ah, I need to go soon. Is there anything else?"
"Yes, there is. Did you talk to Jaemin-ah already?"
"I did."
"And? How did it turn out? What did he say? What did you ask him?"
I know this is selfish of me but could I ask you not to talk to him for a while?"
"Why? He's my friend."

Oppa sighed on the other end of the line, "It would just make me happy."
"But he's my friend. I would feel bad for giving him the cold shoulder because my boyfriend asked me to. He's my friend. Why do you want me to do that to a friend?"

He sighed before he finally answered, "I know he's your friend and a good guy. It's just..." he sighed again before admitting something I thought he only ever dared to think about his dancing. "I get insecure when you're with him. I get jealous and insecure, Naeun-ah. I mean it."

"I don't want to make you feel like that."
"I know. It's not your fault anyway. I'm sorry I said such a selfish thing."

"I won't meet Jaemin-ah."
"No, Naeun-ah, I'm sorry, I..."
"No, let's think about this together when you're back," I assured him. "And till then I won't see him. I want to do this."

I only heard a sigh through the phone but knew that he had nodded.

"I love you," I told him.
"I love you too, Naeun-ah," he answered the same way he always did despite how our conversation ended.

Since the start of our relationship I have always been the insecure one and the one who needed support and help. So now I want to do something for him. Even if I have to sacrifice something, I want to help him out like he does when I don't feel good.

Coming to my waiting room to comfort me or coming to my dorm in the middle of the night to apologize might not seem like big deeds but to me that was just what I needed at the time.
He didn't just come to me, he came when he was supposed to be at work and after he had finished work and was tired and probably wanted to rest at home.

These are the small favors he did which mean the world to me. Without his little sacrifices our relationship would never have lasted this long.

"What are you smiling to yourself for? You look stupid," Chorong-ah abruptly pulled me out of my thoughts.

I yelped in surprise because I hadn't noticed Chorong-ah and Eunji-unni come in.

"N-nothing!" I answered but could feel the blush on my cheeks.

"Ooh, aren't you a lucky girl. What did he say to get you thinking like this?" Eunji-unni teased and pointed at the phone in my hand.

"Seriously, it's nothing!" I retorted but knew it was useless.
"Um...guys, have you seen Taemin-oppa's phone in our dorm by any chance? He seems to have lost it," I tried to change the topic.
"No," Eunji-unni answered and looked at Chorong-ah who also shook her head. "Maybe the others have but it's not like he ever goes in any other rooms than your room and the living room."

I nodded and decided to just call it instead of asking around.

I think I changed and rewrote this chapter 6-7 times and now that I'm publishing it I'm still not so sure whether I like it >. <
As you realized with the release of this chapter I at least managed to write something (that's (more or less) readable).

Thank you for all your support, I really appreciate it, although I still take one hour to actually sleep starting from the point I first lay down in bed because I get up right after and spend 30 minutes writing down my thoughts and after that another 30 minutes trying to fall asleep after clearing my head (by writing it out).

But who wants to read some endless author's note, I'll quickly get to editing the next chapter so you have something to read (:

Take care of your health, don't stay up too late reading and watching dramas and variety shows (like me xD)!